End of lease unfair wear and tear

Tea Drinker
Don
Today I received a bill for £368 for damage to the Juke we gave back last month.

2 wheel repairs at 55 each and a carpet at 258. The wheels I can sort of agree my wife uses kerbs as guidance however there is a hole in the drivers side under where my wife's heel was usually.

There's no heel protector on the carpet and it wasn't supplied with mats. Do you think I should pay for this?

Your thoughts?

Associate
I think it's reasonable. I'd always buy mats for a lease car and then sell them on after at a slight loss. Would've saved you £258.

Soldato
There's almost always something to pay for on these kind of deals. Probably need to factor it in upfront when comparing with other sources of finance etc. One of those 'hidden costs'.

Soldato
I think it's reasonable. I'd always buy mats for a lease car and then sell them on after at a slight loss. Would've saved you £258.

Is it really worth selling on used carpet mats? They cost about £30 new!

ouch! How much was your monthly? That's one thing I don't get about leases, you pay a deposit and see none of it back! /s :)

It's not a damage deposit, it's an advanced rental... you're not supposed to get it back

Man of Honour
Today I received a bill for £368 for damage to the Juke we gave back last month.

2 wheel repairs at 55 each and a carpet at 258. The wheels I can sort of agree my wife uses kerbs as guidance however there is a hole in the drivers side under where my wife's heel was usually.

There's no heel protector on the carpet and it wasn't supplied with mats. Do you think I should pay for this?

Of course you should - she damaged it, she pays for it. Mats are presumably a cost option. It would be like refusing to pay for bumper damage because they didnt fit bull bars.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;27938057 said:
Of course you should - she damaged it, she pays for it. Mats are presumably a cost option. It would be like refusing to pay for bumper damage because they didnt fit bull bars.

Faultless logic!

I'm with Fox, it's damaged, it's not "fair wear & tear", it should be paid for.

For future reference most leasing companies subscribe to, and comply with, the BVRLA (British Vehicle Rental & Leasing Association) who publish a fair wear & tear standard that clearly states what is and isn't acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom