**** Sony Xperia Z3 ****

Soldato
no doubting the z3 is the better phone infact i'd go as far as saying its the best phone ive had, but the 16gb or rather 11ish was the limiting factor for me, with the wp I've bunged in my 64gb card and I have 64gb (or whatever) for apps everything bar one app has fully installed to the sd rather than internal and ive used 20gb for apps now and still have over half of the 8gb (or about 5gb usable) free, i'm going to wait for wp10 to be released and see what handsets come out

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
How on earth are you using 20GB for apps! I have a shade over 120 apps installed yet have 4GB of internal storage left (no apps installed to SD on my phone). Granted I have no games though as I don't game on the phone.

The SD card has over 50GB of music though :o

Soldato
How on earth are you using 20GB for apps! I have a shade over 120 apps installed yet have 4GB of internal storage left (no apps installed to SD on my phone). Granted I have no games though as I don't game on the phone.

The SD card has over 50GB of music though :o

Games? tbh I don't really game on it that much but its handy for my son ;) but its nice to know that I can install what I want without thinking god ive only got 2gb left or whatever..... which is what the beauty of the 128gb ip6 was .

Associate
Orderd New Phone

Hi All

I have just ordered myself a Sony Xperia Z3 will i regret it ?

So basically i am sick of my phone not getting me through the day battery life wise and my old contract runs out on the 24th of this month.

I had a hard choice picking between these :

Sony Xperia Z3
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Samsung Galaxy S6

It all came down to tariff packages and battery life in the end, but i have always stayed away from Sony phones till now.

So what do people think of these phones if you own one of them ?

Thanks

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yup I didn't see any /major/ improvements in the screen pixel quality on the S6 say vs the Z3 when I had them side by side. Obviously the AMOLED is better technology though.

Games? tbh I don't really game on it that much but its handy for my son ;) but its nice to know that I can install what I want without thinking god ive only got 2gb left or whatever..... which is what the beauty of the 128gb ip6 was .

Hmm I guess so. Good thing about Lollipop is you can install apps to SD now so it's not too bad any more.

Hi All

I have just ordered myself a Sony Xperia Z3 will i regret it ?

So basically i am sick of my phone not getting me through the day battery life wise and my old contract runs out on the 24th of this month.

I had a hard choice picking between these :

Sony Xperia Z3
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Samsung Galaxy S6

It all came down to tariff packages and battery life in the end, but i have always stayed away from Sony phones till now.

So what do people think of these phones if you own one of them ?

Thanks

Well you will get a day at the very least with the Z3. That and the sleeker styling compared to both the Note 4 and S6.

maj

maj

Soldato
All of a sudden I've stopped getting sound notifications, I still get the LED notification though. Not changed any sound settings nothing is muted and a reboot doesn't fix it either.

Soldato
People say this every time screen res goes up but every s6 I've looked at looks way better than my 1080 s4.

I'd put that down to the improvements in OLED technology than increased res.

@ 5" I say con's outweigh the pros. Performance, batterylife etc.

It doesn't help that OLED is Pentile, so needs more pixels to look as sharp as RGB Matrix LCD.

Last edited:
Soldato
nillkin from ebay. I must admit all it says is back protector included as well. Im assuming it is tempered glass for the back too.

nope this will be a plastic one mate, (the one that comes with the Nillkin)

its all you need anyway, glass on the back may add more bulk and not sure if cases may fit or not

Soldato
ive got glass on front and back but prefer a case as it makes the phone easier to hold plus corner protection

im getting case mate barely there and tough case today, will see how they are with the rear glass on, will only choose one and return the other

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
See my Barely There pics from earlier, the corners will wear away leaving a shiny finish and it just looks poor quality. Looks and feels great up until that point though.

Soldato
See my Barely There pics from earlier, the corners will wear away leaving a shiny finish and it just looks poor quality. Looks and feels great up until that point though.

im sure Amazon returns will sort this for me when the time comes :)

i had the barley there on my last Z3, really liked the feel off it, no more slippy phone

have been curious about the Tough case though hence why i ordered it to compare

Soldato
ok got the Case-Mate tough and barely there

The tough is a solid case lol, covers all the phone apart from the left hand side. It has built in button covers but these make it quite hard to to press so takes a bit more effort to switch phone on or off.

I guess this is ok for those who dont use the phone much but i find it a pain to use tbh, so for this reason only i am sticking with the barely there, even with a front and rear glass protector fitted there is a tiny lip on the front so you can lay on table face down (which i do often)

Back
Top Bottom