Asus DSL N16UP router

Associate
Good evening,

I've purchased the router in the title and I'm having a little trouble connecting to the internet with it.

I'm still using my original modem because I'm aware that I would need a VDSL one for a one box solution.

On the 'quick internet setup' program, it won't go past the 'DSL Line Configuration' page. I select which annex I want, press next, it starts to detect my connection type and it just goes back to the DSL line configuration page.

Don't suppose anyone would be kind enough to lend me a hand setting this up?

Thanks
Riggy :)

Soldato
I'd guess that you need to find the configuration for EWAN that'll use one of the LAN ports as an Ethernet WAN port (PPPoE). It's never going to find a DSL connection to configure.

Soldato
Having had a brief look at the product page it appears that the DSL-N16U has a dedicated Ethernet WAN port. You'll still need to find somewhere in the router configuration to enter the PPPoE connection information.

Associate
OP
These are the setting I've got in WAN settings, so far.

IMG_20150423_16484601.jpg
IMG_20150423_16560401.jpg

Soldato
There's a transfer mode at the top of the page. What are the other options?

As things stand it looks like you're trying to configure the DSL port. As you have a seperate modem you need to tell it to use the Ethernet WAN port and configure it as PPPoE.

Back
Top Bottom