*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge Thread ***

Soldato
Yep now setup stock email app but still nothing on Edge :(

I'm expecting it to make the edge flash if I get an email and the phone is face down, maybe I'm wrong!

Certainly works for SMS and phonecalls, just not email.

Hmmm very odd

Have you got the email address saved in the contact info for that contact you've set up the edge colour for?

Soldato
Lucky I had a case (ringke SLIM) on, I suffered a low level drop today.

DSC_0543.jpg

DSC_0544.jpg

DSC_0545.jpg

DSC_0546.jpg

Soldato
Well just ordered an S6. Don't think i was going to find anything better at the moment and my HTC One and GiffGaff are driving me mad.

Galaxy S6 32GB Black
EE - 2GB Data, 1000mins, Unlimited texts
£75 for the phone and £33.49 per month

Associate
Anyone know where I can download the latest BTU firmware for the Galaxy S6? I need to get rid of this Three crap.

I've tried sammobile but the download speeds are insanely slow, 8 hour download.

Soldato
Anyone got a decent glass screen protector? I got the following but it just doesn't seem quite wide enough to fit the screen properly. It's RIGHT on the edges of the screen, but when viewed at a slight angle of course it looks odd. Also the corners/edges seem to be lifting slightly and letting dust under.

Aukey Premium 0.26mm Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Soldato
Still waiting for an S6 64GB blue one to be availabe.. even on the sammy store site you can't buy them.

"They guys we're releasing a phone today in all these awesome colours! (but you probably won't be able to get them on release... or after a month)".

Didn't some of you guys get the blue from am.de?

Soldato
Anyone got a decent glass screen protector? I got the following but it just doesn't seem quite wide enough to fit the screen properly. It's RIGHT on the edges of the screen, but when viewed at a slight angle of course it looks odd. Also the corners/edges seem to be lifting slightly and letting dust under.

Aukey Premium 0.26mm Tempered Glass Screen Protector

It's because the display curves at the edges, I don't think any go all the way to the edge (yet).

Soldato
It's because the display curves at the edges, I don't think any go all the way to the edge (yet).

They don't curve that much from what I can see? I mean this screen protector literally covers the physical screen only and even then only just. So when viewed anything but stright on, the edges of the protector are actually in the way of the edge 0.5mm or so of the screen, if that makes sense. It's REALLY annoying.

This is on a standard S6 btw.

Soldato
So received my black (its really blue) edge last night and while I was impressed with how easy it was to set up I'm having some issues with browsing which maybe more andriod related than anything else but its a bit of a showstopper for me.

Basically when I pull up some sites like this one the text is impossible to read. I'm also finding the fact that the text curves around the edge quite annoying.

Is there anyway to make the page more gracefully scale so that all aspects are readable?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4ZpM75DzycNb2pmYUhNX25jaGs/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4ZpM75DzycNdmFHaTVCRkgwLW8/view?usp=sharing

These pics were taken without and with the request desktop option on in chrome. Here is another shot of the main forums with the desktop option on.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4ZpM75DzycNVndiYTBlUWJXUU0/view?usp=sharing

Can anyone help? I have downloaded Nova Launcher but have not customized it yet so perhaps that can help?

Last edited:
Soldato
LOL

Had the phone for about a week. Had it on top of my jacket, on the bench in the gym changing rooms. Fell from 2ft and the back screen is now all cracked.

Am I the first?

Anyways - how long do you think it'll be before these small phone repair shops in town can fix it?

(And before you ask, my phone protector is arriving TODAY! FFS)

Back
Top Bottom