Poll: General election voting round 4

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 276 39.5%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Green Party

Votes: 41 5.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 125 17.9%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 50 7.2%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 33 4.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • UKIP

Votes: 128 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
At least DP has stopped with the BS that UKIP vote share is declining

Support for #UKIP in the latest polls from several firms:
18% Survation
17% Panelbase
15% TNS
14% Populus
13% YouGov
13% Ashcroft

Same as it has been for the last 2 months

Soldato
GOAN NORN IRON!
Top of the class again.
It would appear the DUP couldn't keep quiet for another 2 weeks, and have blamed homosexuals for everything again.
DUP the 'Christian' ISIS.

http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ent-tories-anti-scottish-coalition-homophobic

Would someone consider testing nuclear bombs on us please? Just to put us out of our misery.

-edit
In case you think they are a bit party, or not representative, they have the largest amount of MPs in Northern Ireland, 5th largest party in the UK, and Jim Wells the man in the article is the Northern Ireland health minister.

Last edited:
Soldato
GOAN NORN IRON!
Top of the class again.
It would appear the DUP couldn't keep quiet for another 2 weeks, and have blamed homosexuals for everything again.
DUP the 'Christian' ISIS.

http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ent-tories-anti-scottish-coalition-homophobic

Would someone consider testing nuclear bombs on us please? Just to put us out of our misery.

-edit
In case you think they are a bit party, or not representative, they have the largest amount of MPs in Northern Ireland, 5th largest party in the UK, and Jim Wells the man in the article is the Northern Ireland health minister.

But that's all OK as they're a right wing party and everything the right does is righteous.

Soldato
UKIP have been polling as high 23% in 2015 and close we get to polling day the more their rating slips. More importantly it's how the remainder of the support votes at the election i.e if they stick to their guns or vote tactically to keep labour out of marginal seats.

Soldato
They have a devolved parliament with their own laws and they can vote on their own and the rest of UK policies. Scotland just had a referendum. There is an epic amount that Scotland influences and benefits from the UK.

SNP will seek another referendum.

Ah yes, the "devolved" parliament. I don't know if people in England heard about the fuss over the last Scottish Labour leader. She quit because she said she was treated as a 'branch manager' by the Westminster party. Policy was still being made by Westminster for the "devolved" parliament. In other words Scottish people voting for their own laws was a myth while Labour was in power in Scotland.
The new 'branch manager', Murphy, has add a clause to his party that from now on Scottish laws will be made by Scottish Labour MSPs in Edinburgh. What was meant to be happening from the time Edinburgh was set up.
This is another reason Scottish Labour are taking a bashing.

The silly referendum argument. The SNP, their raison d'etre being independence will obviously work for that in the future. The argument that they will try for another referendum in 2016 is just plain silly. Even the SNP leader said "something would have change before another referendum was called". It would have to be a desire from the bottom up. You cannot drive a successful vote on something like this from the top down. The SNP would only be damaged by another no vote, there is no great desire for another re-run.

Soldato
UKIP have been polling as high 23% in 2015 and close we get to polling day the more their rating slips. More importantly it's how the remainder of the support votes at the election i.e if they stick to their guns or vote tactically to keep labour out of marginal seats.

Individual polls yes, but in general most "poll of polls" have had them anywhere between 13%-18%.

Unless the polls are wildly inaccurate, UKIP are on course for 2-3 seats maximum (South Thanet, Clacton and Rochester and Strood). Of those 3, the gap between UKIP and top parties are very close. In fact Clacton is their most likely win, and this is around 74% (Based on data from ElectionForecast.co.uk)

I think we will see a lot of UKIP in 2nd and 3rd place across England, but of course you get nothing for coming in 2nd place

Soldato

Means nothing, in 2010 the BNP got more votes than the polls suggested by quite a margin. 1.9% actual to 0.7% on what polls expected thats quite a big difference for such a small party.

UKip rating have been around 14-15% for months same as Labour and Tory have been around 33-34%.

You often find people will not admit they will vote UKip as they may be branded as racist so say Torys or Labour to the pollsters.

Soldato
Any party that teams up with UKIP (and perhaps the SNP) will be committing political suicide for the 2020 election.
This election is toxic, one of the worst I have seen IMO. Based almost entirely on fear and negativity.

Caporegime
Any party that teams up with UKIP (and perhaps the SNP) will be committing political suicide for the 2020 election.
This election is toxic, one of the worst I have seen IMO. Based almost entirely on fear and negativity.

With UKIP I agree but they will have so few seats it won't make a difference so no one will.

With SNP there doesn't have to be an official coalition, merely an agreement in place that will block the Tories.

Soldato

Hence why I think we will have another GE in 2015, probably give it 6 months.

Soldato

Exactly this. This election is dividing people worse than ever before. Nationalists are not healthy for this country.

Associate
Looks like my borough is a very safe tory seat so it's a tactical UKIP vote from me for the numbers game. Regardless of seats it's the numbers we want, a growing number of supporters with a sizeable chunk of votes going to UKIP will have a knock on effect with the mainstream parties, we are seeing this already with the backbone Cameron has shown only this week with the Mediterranean migrant problem, we just need to twist their arms tighter.

Soldato
Hence why I think we will have another GE in 2015, probably give it 6 months.

Probably right. Just seen a story on the BBC about how the Lib Dems won't be part of any government that has an arrangement with the SNP. They also won't partner with the second place party. Makes a Labour/Lib Dem coalition unlikely.

A LAB/LIB coalition with SNP support was the most likely combination to provide a stable majority. Now we're looking at a Labour minority government with SNP (and possibly Green/Plaid) support, or a rainbow coalition of the Tories, Lib Dems, the DUP and maybe UKIP (if they get enough seats to make a difference). Either way, the majority will be so small that it provides too much opportunity for back-benchers and extremists to influence proceedings. Not ideal.

Last edited:
Soldato
UKIP are often second in some key Labour heartlands. Conservative tactical voting for UKIP would be an interesting phenomenon. The suggestion that UKIP are an English party isn't borne out by polling. In Welsh Labour constituencies they often do well. They are becoming a national party of the unfashionable working classes.

Earlier discussions about austerity seem to forget that one of the main purposes of our Austerity-lite was to reassure bond purchasers that the UK was still a safe investment. Given the mammoth size of our debt even small increases in bond rates could have severely affected interest payments and thus revenue spending. We already pay £50bn a year on bond interest imagine how costly it would be if we weren't considered relatively safe.

Austerity in the UK has been mostly a paper tiger. Ask the Greeks or Irish what it means.

Soldato
Indeed, we didn't spend as much as before, but there were no public service bodies taking entire pay cuts across the entire spectrum, an actual reduction in wages, bar a few specific instances (in the more distant province).

Soldato
I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of UKIP support, I'm not one to **** on others political views but a majority of their policies are outrageous. Although to be fair I did particularly agree with most of the parties political ideologies.

Soldato
I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of UKIP support, I'm not one to **** on others political views but a majority of their policies are outrageous. Although to be fair I did particularly agree with most of the parties political ideologies.

Sounds like you actually need to read their policies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom