**** Sony Xperia Z3 ****

Associate

Nope. I've got 20:20 vision. You'll need a magnifying glass to tell the difference and it's certainly not any issue at all at normal distances (pentile matrix issues non withstanding). Unless you're telling me that you have the eye sight of an eagle? There's more to a good screen than resolution.

Caporegime
he must use stamina mode 24/7 and never use his phone at all.

as for the >1080P debate on a normal sized phone it is pointless. I use a 1080p 24 inch screen for gaming on and it looks razer sharp. I also have a 1080P 50" panasonic plasma GT50 and it's the best TV i've ever seen in the flesh.

so i don't see a need but it is the way technology is going, they will just keep adding pixels until they develop something which is like film (infinite pixels). that day will be death of pixel chat and i'm looking forward to it.

Mobster
Soldato
To be fair, it is impressive that we're pushing the boundaries of display technology even further each year. I don't think anyone can argue that that isn't a good thing.

However, what manufacturers should be doing IMO is offering a 1080p and 2K+ resolution version of their phone.

Soldato
The longer I use this phone, the more I realise what a breath of fresh air it is compared to my previous Samsung collection. The additional bumpf over and above stock android is generally more useful and it's not filled with gimmicks that only work inside manufacturer apps as Samsung are prone to doing.

I miss the AMOLED screens a bit but comparing against the S4 you can see the difference in sharpness /clarity that comes from the screen not being pentile matrix. I would like my black blacks back still though :p

Battery is immense, can either abuse this thing with about 8 hours of screen on time and still not be worried of imminent death or go easy on it and have it last days on one charge.

I occasionally still find myself looking for the context menu button I had on the Galaxy but I'm sure I'll get used to that being gone soon.

This is just a fabulously well put together bit of kit, it all works, no one wasted their time on pointless gimmicks, it was all geared to make something good that works properly. It's absolutely brilliant, so glad Samsung made the S6 less appealing to me, otherwise I would never have tried this!

Edit - even more now I've just seen people considering returning S6s because of Samsungs irritating and intrusive software, as I'm not a fan of flashing and modding warrantied phones.

Last edited:
Associate
The upgrades are really minor so it shouldn't be really be a problem for the 6 month cycle. They really need to push the Z3 in UK, its by far the best Android phone out there. Its the first Android phone that has made me ditch iPhone since 2007. M8 had come close but was too bulky and the unsymmetrical positioning of the screen annoyed me.
Just waiting for 5.1.1 :p

Associate
I've just picked up a Z3, and although its only been a few days, I love it.

Came from a OnePlus One, I liked a lot but the touch screen kept spazzing out and it had uneven colours, particularly evident on white backgrounds. I chopped it in for a Lumia 930 which I liked but for me Windows Phone is like taking a step backwards and the battery life was crap, so I took it back and got the Z3.

I'm normally a die-hard Nexus fan but this gives the same experience but with welcome additions. Feels great in the hand, and the camera is decent and battery life seems like it'll be good. So far it seems like an awesome phone. I also tried an S5, but touchwiz still turns me off and it felt cheap. Ruled out the G3 as the battery life doesn't appear to be good. The Sony seems very underrated and strikes the ideal balance, polished, good specs, battery life, screen and camera. It's actually surprised me how good it is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom