• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Not happy atm, really not.. AMD Need to STOP! with this we release and dont release talk..

Saying FreeSync Crossfire is coming April and dont deliver is not good! Would it not be better if AMD said it will be coming soon!

Lately they is far to much this forgotten promise!

Has most people on here know am quite a big AMD fan always have and always will but one thing I will never back them on is there "PooR" Community interaction! "This not Aimed at you AMDMatt" You interact here very well and do your job.. Am disappointed in AMD as a hole on this subject to a point am not sure how much more I can really take of it.

:(

Edit
Tuesday today normally driver day, I be very gutted if this driver not here tomorrow.

Soldato
Not happy atm, really not.. AMD Need to STOP! with this we release and dont release talk..

Saying FreeSync Crossfire is coming April and dont deliver is not good! Would it not be better if AMD said it will be coming soon!

Lately they is far to much this forgotten promise!

Has most people on here know am quite a big AMD fan always have and always will but one thing I will never back them on is there "PooR" Community interaction! "This not Aimed at you AMDMatt" You interact here very well and do your job.. Am disappointed in AMD as a hole on this subject to a point am not sure how much more I can really take of it.

:(

Edit
Tuesday today normally driver day, I be very gutted if this driver not here tomorrow.

Well AMD are in a no win situation as AMD does say when its ready and people moan and when AMD gives a date people moan, for every person saying AMD should do this there is another saying AMD should do the opposite, Should give a date, should not give a date.

Last edited:
Soldato
Guys its been a while since I used AB. How do I get the VRM temps? I'm using 4.1.0

use gpu-z. AB doesn't have VRM temps.

It does, but your Gpu needs the supported sensors.

"Comparing the OSD of Afterburner to Precision X may bring up some questions.
Unlike Precision X, we can change the location, color, and size of the OSD font.
Additionally, MSI exclusively offers monitoring of the CPU, system memory, and VRM temperatures.
VRM temperature monitoring requires video cards to have supported sensors.
Monitoring of PCB and video memory temperatures are options exclusive to MSI cards that have triple temperature monitoring."

source

Last edited:
Associate
Well AMD are in a no win situation as AMD does say when its ready and people moan and when AMD gives a date people moan, for every person saying AMD should do this there is another saying AMD so do the opposite, Should give a date, should not give a date.
I agree, case in point that I am one of the people who prefers a date. I don't care if they miss it as I'm not a child. Things always change, when games and movies have release dates and they get postponed a little or some bug happens whatnot. It's life, we don't expect people to live and honour every little date because they are tentative by nature.

That being said, when a stupid company completely fails at PR and relies on the 'soon, soon, soon' method and you end up hating them for being so out of touch that all they do is leave you in constant suspense and annoyance. Things like Half-life 3, Diablo 3 PvP etc. are usually what you get when they get into this mentality. If they can't offer a date it's usually because of poor planning or lack of care. Seriously, who would want to wake up every morning and have every stupid company just saying soon all the time? It's the most frustrating experience around as it's completely unhelpful and often soon doesn't even mean soon, I'd rather have a tentative date that as a grown up I won't throw a fit over if they have to change it (but at least I have some idea of when it's meant to be) rather than a constant string of 'soon, soon, soon' that just means nothing really.

Soldato
Well AMD are in a no win situation as AMD does say when its ready and people moan and when AMD gives a date people moan, for every person saying AMD should do this there is another saying AMD so do the opposite, Should give a date, should not give a date.

Yeah that is true, but for me personally I feel it's more a let down giving a date and not matching it.
They clearly miss information going on behind the scenes.

If the driver was said it's coming soon within reason then it's less of a let down when it's released a month or something later.

Soldato
Well, I'll be surprised if that promised driver comes out this month. More Amd fail.

Personally, I think they should give dates, or ballpark figures, but but if they are going to miss it then bloody well say so.

Otherwise they would be better off just keeping their mouths shut.

Am growing utterly tired of their completely poor communication.

Soldato
Am happy to wait, it doesn't really bother me.. What I don't like is being told that something is coming and then it doesn't..

That's what am not happy with. Passed year has been it's coming this month and turning up month or two later..
What makes me even more upset is the fact within this month we had not a single word if it's still coming or its been delayed longer..

Soldato
Well, I'll be surprised if that promised driver comes out this month. More Amd fail.

Personally, I think they should give dates, or ballpark figures, but but if they are going to miss it then bloody well say so.

Otherwise they would be better off just keeping their mouths shut.

Am growing utterly tired of their completely poor communication.

Same here. 5 months and only 2 lots of drivers!

I hope that this week we get drivers with optimisations in games for single\CF cards.
I wonder if they've even got a driver team? it's more like a guy in a shed.

Caporegime
Sadly this is one of the main reasons I jumped ship and bought Nvidia Titan X's.

AMD Drivers are fine, but when you have crossfire and they haven't released a supporting profile for months on end, it's annoying.

Having said that, didn't they get the GTA V driver out pretty sharpish?

Soldato
Sadly this is one of the main reasons I jumped ship and bought Nvidia Titan X's.

AMD Drivers are fine, but when you have crossfire and they haven't released a supporting profile for months on end, it's annoying.

Having said that, didn't they get the GTA V driver out pretty sharpish?

Yeah I have no issue with any games I play Crossfire working in them all.. having used FreeSync on Single GPU I want it more now than ever on Crossfire..

Associate
Anyone got GTA 5 working with radeonpro? Mine just keeps crashing when I try using it :confused:

- I don't have it on steam
- I have radeonpro running in 32/64 bit mode
- I am adding the correct GTA5.exe

Any ideas?

Make sure that RTSS is off! It's colliding with the radeonpro ... (and radeonpro OSD is good enough anyway).

Cheers!

C64

C64

Soldato
Did anyone ever figure out why the amd driver resets itself every night at midnight or 1 am never been able to figure out why it does it maybe it's a win 7 thing ?

Associate
Ive added another MSI gaming R9 290x to my system, and I am getting some weird issues.
BF4 runs worse now with 2xGFX and the new update and when I run the benchmark test in GTA sometimes my card usage is at 1%

EDIT: GTA stutters terribly with 2 cards. When I pause the game the map is jerky and laggy. In game its stuttering and awful. Turned off CFX and runs smooth.

Freesync says its enabled when I have CFX enabled, that a bug?

Last edited:
Soldato
Ive added another MSI gaming R9 290x to my system, and I am getting some weird issues.
BF4 runs worse now with 2xGFX and the new update and when I run the benchmark test in GTA sometimes my card usage is at 1%

EDIT: GTA stutters terribly with 2 cards. When I pause the game the map is jerky and laggy. In game its stuttering and awful. Turned off CFX and runs smooth.

Freesync says its enabled when I have CFX enabled, that a bug?

What CPU?

Back
Top Bottom