What have you done to your car today?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Oh dear - lost my keys to the Cosworth - don't have any spares :(

Guess I'll be forking out a tidy sum for an Auto Locksmith this week then :(

Soldato
LOL

Do you call it a K11 to avoid calling it a Micra?
Lol, not really! I'm quite proud of it, lovely little thing ;)
Haha nice. Least there is one car on the forums I can beat. :D :p
Easy there hawkyboy it's a 1.4 don't you know! :D
High roller in a K11 yeaaa boiii
Wouldn't quite say high roller just yet! Need to save up the pennies!
This forum does amuse me on occasions, K11 = Micra, 987 = Boxster, Cosworth = Ford Scorpio
Yeah we're all car guys aren't we? Let's just deal with life in model numbers!
Literally everything on my old Micra was £30. Slow as a slow thing, but dirt cheap.
It is the slowest thing on Earth but like you said, dirt cheap! Exhaust was rattling and I went to the scrappy who wanted £30 for it, got one sourced locally new for the same! Wing mirror was a tenner when someone smashed it! Maintenance is dirt cheap :)

Man of Honour
Cosworth = Ford Scorpio

Yea but it's a Cossie?

I thought it was some sort of awesome sleeper Scorpio but your post prompted me to read about it.

Turns out the Cosworth version of that 2.9 engine had just 15bhp more than the standard engine and therefore takes 9 seconds to hit 100kmh.

Because Cosseh.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;27971504 said:
Yea but it's a Cossie?

I thought it was some sort of awesome sleeper Scorpio but your post prompted me to read about it.

Turns out the Cosworth version of that 2.9 engine had just 15bhp more than the standard engine and therefore takes 9 seconds to hit 100kmh.

Because Cosseh.

Eh? More like 50bhp.

Off the top of my head the standard Cologne 2.8/2.9 was 150hp. The Cossie had a new quad-cam 24V head, later versions had 210bhp.

Soldato
Last few days of motoring for me have been..interesting, narrowly avoided being included in a 7 car pileup on a dual carriage way due to two young lads racing. Funnily enough I was on my way back from a First Aid course provided by my employer. It's got me thinking I want a dash cam, I know people here are on the fence about them but if I had one that day my testimony or whatever would be so much more concrete towards the little ***** that caused the accident, helping a 7 year old girl with a badly broken arm really hit home as my lad was in the car with me too. It scares me to think what could have been... however, does anyone have experience with the eBay jobbies? seems to be a huge array around the 30-40quid mark, would like some info from anyone experienced in using/installing if possible!

Associate
There's a thread dedicated to that very subject. A lot of newbies onto the scene seem to be buying the E-Prance 0805.

I own the 0803 and I've had it now for around 6 months. No problems to report and the PQ is superb.

Associate
Finished off repairing the wiring for my reversing camera, it had stopped working and I found the signal cable had an intermittent break just after it ran into the headliner area from the tailgate rubber boot.

Started it yesterday but the job took lots longer than planned and I'd had to put the car back together with it only half finished. The extra time taken was due to me fitting plugs and sockets either side of the tailgate wiring so it'll be a lot easier to repair if there's any future problems.

All seems tickety boo now :)

Man of Honour
Eh? More like 50bhp.

Off the top of my head the standard Cologne 2.8/2.9 was 150hp. The Cossie had a new quad-cam 24V head, later versions had 210bhp.

Wow, I thought the standard 2.9 was 195bhp. I had no idea a 98 Scorpio V6 could have such little power.

That doesn't make the Cosworth any less thoroughly average, mind, it just makes the standard car even worse. Especially as the inferior Mondeo had a smaller capacity V6 with more power!

Associate
I had a facelift Mk1 boa engined Scorpio Granada Cosworth. I thought it was jolly quick for a nearly 1.5 ton car. It was so comfy to sit in also, like being in my arm chair at home :D
I miss that car actually. You guys made me reminisce. Thanks :)

Soldato
[TW]Fox;27971504 said:
Yea but it's a Cossie?

Because Cosseh.

I too checked up, not quite what springs to mind when most people think "Cossie".

Back
Top Bottom