LG 24GM77 or Acer Predator GN246HLBBID or BenQ XL2411Z?

Soldato
Hi All,

GOing to be biting the bullet on a new monitor in the next week or so as a predecessor to a whole new machine.

I'm torn between these 3, can anyone make any suggestions/comments towards any of them?

All 24", all 144hz, the BenQ/Acer has 3d but costs a little more (gutted I missed the promotion last week!).

Acer Predator GN246HLBBID
BenQ XL2411Z
LG 24GM77

The reason I keep the BenQ in the mix is because 2 friends of mine have the T version (last generation of this monitor at a guess), and they are fantastic.

Having USB in the monitor isn't important but is a nice to have (LG).

I guess it balls down to which manufacturer should I opt for.
I'm steering towards the LG, is my direction sensible?

Last edited:
Associate
I have the LG and it's a great monitor, one of the cheaper options and very similar to the BenQs, I believe they might even use the same panels on them.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for your input kyippee, looks like I'm not on the wrong track.

Very tempting to bite the bullet right now, I shall hold off 24hours and have a proper think! ;)

Can't help but think It'd be worth forking the extra out for the BenQ just *incase* I fancy trying 3D in the future. A real shame I missed it at £210 last week.

Updated OP with links to the monitors.

Soldato
im another with the LG monitor and i find it great, colours are good (considering colours on the 144hz monitors arent)

playing games like trine and ori and the blind forest it looks really good.

aswell as the 144hz option for the fps games.

CSA

CSA

Associate
Ive been looking at the LG myself, what functions does the game mode button do ? can you programme your own colour/brighness settings then change to those settings with that game mode button like you can on the new benq monitor ?

CSA

CSA

Associate
Game mode just has 6 different presets, Gamer 1-3 and FPS 1-3. I personally use my own colour and brightness settings.

thanks, i like to be able to switch to a gaming profile quickly as i usually have my desktop brightness really low for reading websites then ingame brightness high,so faffing around with a complex menue to change profiles isnt what im after,is it easy to change withthis LG ?

Associate
Yeah, you can use the game mode function or just hit the picture mode where there are more presets, just hit up on the power button which doubles up as a joystick for the menu.

Back
Top Bottom