*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Soldato
Great fun last night chaps. Currently 216 rep towards rank 3. Shame we couln't finish on a high but damn, that team mullered us! I'll ignore that match and focus on the Firebase Delphi one before... Awwwww Yeah! :D

Will be picking up the Sniper (Re-roll in the hope of solar / void with FS)and the helm. Not fussed by Timur's lash so I have no real reason to get to rank 5 (already have Goldspiral).

Looking forward to running again tonight. I will be on from 7:30ish. :)

Soldato
Had some good fights, although I tailed off towards the end, I blame tiredness :) Had a go on my titan this morning and eugh, it's much harder to adapt to classes in PvP....I keep on running around swinging fists at the air :'(

I didn't like Hawkmoon at first...but after I gave it a few runs later on I started to get into it. It rewards a bit of patience, don't snatch at shots, take a fraction of a second longer and land your headshots and it kicks ass. It beats Thorn 1v1 every time, faster TTK.

Associate
Had some good fights, although I tailed off towards the end, I blame tiredness :) Had a go on my titan this morning and eugh, it's much harder to adapt to classes in PvP....I keep on running around swinging fists at the air :'(

I didn't like Hawkmoon at first...but after I gave it a few runs later on I started to get into it. It rewards a bit of patience, don't snatch at shots, take a fraction of a second longer and land your headshots and it kicks ass. It beats Thorn 1v1 every time, faster TTK.

Sorry I had to leave after a few games last night...I was just getting warmed up aswel :D.

I went from rocking the Suros (when assault rifles were decent) to using the Hawkmoon. It does take some getting used to, but after a while you can dominate with it tbh. I'll be on again today / tonight if anyone wants some games. BigDealRichOneil

Associate

Thorn has a faster TTK than Hawkmoon, thanks to its higher fire rate and DoT. Thorn is a two headshot kill, Hawkmoon can only two shot if one of the shots is a "magic" bullet.

mOzLHkv.png

However, Hawkmoon is arguably stronger at mid to long range due to hammer forged and its 13 round mag etc

I'm just sour that I do not have Hawkmoon yet :p

Associate
What with Iron Banner around this week, thought I'd drop a quick list for a VoG HM then NFs/IB afterwards...

Raid: VoG HM XB1, then IB/NFs after
Time: Wednesday 8.30pm-ish

1) Kahuna Jay
2) SPK Inc
3) Yimpy
4) Thor
5) The Chemist
6) WriteThatD0wn

Soldato
The other group is full and we've got some spaces free if anyone wants to join.

Activities: Crota NM (unless everyone wants to do VoG HM, we're easy) followed by some IB (see you other guys in the crucible :p, Anomaly 24/7 :()
Time: Wednesday 8.00pm
Platform: XB1

1) rps1
2) duck
3) gord
4) john (tbc)
5)
6)

Last edited:
Associate
The other group is full and we've got some spaces free if anyone wants to join.

Activities: Crota NM (unless everyone wants to do VoG HM, we're easy) followed by some IB (see you other guys in the crucible :p, Anomaly 24/7 :()
Time: Wednesday 8.00pm
Platform: XB1

1) rps1
2) duck
3) gord
4) john (tbc)
5) Parko
6)

Soldato
Thorn has a faster TTK than Hawkmoon, thanks to its higher fire rate and DoT. Thorn is a two headshot kill, Hawkmoon can only two shot if one of the shots is a "magic" bullet.

mOzLHkv.png

However, Hawkmoon is arguably stronger at mid to long range due to hammer forged and its 13 round mag etc

I'm just sour that I do not have Hawkmoon yet :p

I have both and much prefer Thorn to Hawkmoon. You know what my Thorn game is like Venom - top 1% for precision kills ;)

Associate
Some good runs on IB last night. I especially liked this clutch save. Close scores, losing until a Titan smash through a bubble full of the opposition team! It was excellent!

Soldato
Some good runs on IB last night. I especially liked this clutch save. Close scores, losing until a Titan smash through a bubble full of the opposition team! It was excellent!

Yeah that match was so close! I think we swung backwards and forwards on score from 10-19k and then we managed the clutch win. :D

Sorry I had to shoot last night. Checked the time expecting it to be ~ 10PM and realised it was 11:15... :eek: Damn shame as we were dominating the opposition at that point.

I have found a new love in PVP - MIDA! Works well in nearly every scenario and crits for days. Still loses in close quarters against TLW and Thorn but makes up for it by being a mobile sniper. I also messed around a bit with TLW and found I am not that bad with it! You really have to pick your battles though. 1 on 1 at range with any other HC and you are screwed.

Overall though I am having a right laugh playing IB. Up for more tonight from around 7:30. I will create the OCUK IB party again (unless Mid_gen beats me to it).

Associate
Yeah that match was so close! I think we swung backwards and forwards on score from 10-19k and then we managed the clutch win. :D

Sorry I had to shoot last night. Checked the time expecting it to be ~ 10PM and realised it was 11:15... :eek: Damn shame as we were dominating the opposition at that point.

I have found a new love in PVP - MIDA! Works well in nearly every scenario and crits for days. Still loses in close quarters against TLW and Thorn but makes up for it by being a mobile sniper. I also messed around a bit with TLW and found I am not that bad with it! You really have to pick your battles though. 1 on 1 at range with any other HC and you are screwed.

Overall though I am having a right laugh playing IB. Up for more tonight from around 7:30. I will create the OCUK IB party again (unless Mid_gen beats me to it).

I know what you mean, I love my MIDA. Was my first exotic and I loved it in the IB last time.

Only 81 more Void point on my Thorn bounty and I can bring the bad boy back! WoC is doing pretty well for me though, changed out explosive rounds for hammer forged and its smashing faces in from pretty decent range. Can't beat the MIDA for sustained damage though.

Back
Top Bottom