***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Ubetooottooooooooot.

Sold out in 3min, people losing their minds because by all accounts the website over sold and now they won't be doing an UberTuesday next week!

These Ltd Edition bits of kit, the hype train is real!

There is so much hype in the vaping world it is unbelievable. i.e. the 'v2' of a tank gets released and suddenly EVERYONE has to have one, regardless of the high praises they have been giving the v1. It's nuts :p

I've been on the hype train myself when I had 'shinyitis', now I'm content with a small discreet setup. Saying that I'm looking forward to my 18650 SMPL arriving for home use, sometimes the 30W from my C-mini doesn't quite cut the mustard, very tempted by a smok 65w however as I understand it's not much bigger.

Underboss
There is so much hype in the vaping world it is unbelievable. i.e. the 'v2' of a tank gets released and suddenly EVERYONE has to have one, regardless of the high praises they have been giving the v1. It's nuts :p

I've been on the hype train myself when I had 'shinyitis', now I'm content with a small discreet setup. Saying that I'm looking forward to my 18650 SMPL arriving for home use, sometimes the 30W from my C-mini doesn't quite cut the mustard, very tempted by a smok 65w however as I understand it's not much bigger.

Me too, although I've never been a shinyitus chap, a lot of my friends are.

"I want a ubertoot" - "I'm on the list for a squonker" - "I'm getting an SVB"

For me, I found what works and I'm sticking too it. I'll leave the "Only 20 being made, get it quick or you are a smelly loser" stuff to safer vapers.

Soldato
Despite buying the UTA2 I'm not one for hype really. Never owned 'high end' vape gear and the UTA1 got really good reviews, even by one or two members here so I thought I would treat myself. Over the moon with my istick 50w and in sure this atty will do it justice :)

Spending thousands on a single item or in general actually. No thanks.

Safer vapers can be helpful but it's just full of one-up-manship and hazing. Which gets tiring very quickly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Safer vapers can be helpful but it's just full of one-up-manship and hazing. Which gets tiring very quickly.

QUOTED FOR THE TRUTH!!!

I'm a member of safer vapers, thou my FB is disabled at the moment, I don't mind the bs and banter, but for some it's a license to be a ****.

I've never brought anything via them or sold anything.. but do see the same gear being passed on and on again. "Brought this last night for £xxx, real life strikes, would like the same back". IMHO and I have said this within the group, IF you can't afford it; why buy it? I would never think of my vape gear as my savings or investment. And for the amount that is saved, is it really worth all the hastles? :)

Soldato
I'm a member to, asked couple times for advice, haven't said anything for ages. They do get all I am holier than thou on there, and everyone loves a swear but they seem to have a preresiquite of a swear word per sentence.

Also exactly my thoughts, I see the same people on there, bought this for hundreds bought this for thousands, next week, bought this for thousands.. Etc. seriously, spending thousands a month? What ever floats your boat I guess, but like anything on social media guarantee most of the time it's a facade. As you said buy it and sell it shortly after, mainly just to take a pic for the group.

Agree that some people on there are just douches to others for no reason.

Don
Vaping, like overclocking, rc helicopters, car tuning, pipesmoking, whiskey drinking, wine tasting and pretty much any hobby you can think of, will always have communities of people who take it to extremes. They will look down on folk who don't have the same level of knowledge or who don't take it to extremes.
Look in the GC area of this forum and you will see people spend £4000 on 4 new graphics cards in order to benchmark as high as they can. Look on any single make or model car forum and you will see people drop tens of thousands of pounds on turbos, superchargers, wheels etc.

Vaping is exactly the same. There's the people who do it and enjoy it and there's the people who take it to it's extreme. The key is knowing how to tell the difference and remembering why we do it in the first place, which is because it keeps us off the cigs and it's kind of fun.

Soldato
Don't get me wrong, there are some nice people within that group and there's a reason why I am in that group. It's kinda like the top gear of vaping but at the same time when you have admins and active members moaning about members or as they call them 'lurkers' not posting and as soon as they post anything they get slapped right down; there's no wonder why they don't post in the first place. Especially bad when the admins join in or take the side of the people doing the slapping down. People just need a thick skin in that group.

I am right to assume that they got troll'd recently by another group, from the what I can gather from Todd's video?

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't know the recent event but they are constantly being trolled and vilified and based on their behavior at times it's no wonder, they do bring it on themselves. Again most of it is a facade that I am sure they play up to, being 'elite ****' as they often refer to themselves.

As you said the group has some nice members and is a good place to pick up knowledge.

But to a newbie it can be very very daunting; which is ultimately why they get so much bad press.

But when my UTA2 arrives I will have to vacate this lovely place and go hang there... PEASANTS!! :p

I jest, this place rocks, and I love that newbies can come and get help almost instantly and without fear of being ridiculed. As a community I think we (I like to think I have contributed) have made this lounge a great place. For veterans and newbies alike.

Soldato
Never been on safer vapers to be honest. But sounds like it's the sort of place that I wouldn't really like to frequent anyway. For much the same reasons as I don't often visit UK Vapers. Too elitist for my liking.

All About E Cigarettes though, that's more up my street. Really friendly and helpful, and zero poops given about whether a device is a clone or not. Just decent, honest people, for the most part.

But yeah, I do like nice things too. But to be honest, apart from a few genuine Kayfuns, and a genuine DNA30, I care not if my gear are clones or not, so long as they work well.

Soldato
@Rilot... Can you use your don skills and ninja the OP to include current recommendations?
It would be easiler for non regulators to fine.

Sounds like a decent idea. Then when I drop back in here after a 2 month absence, I can say to myself "what the (expletive) is that?"...

Caporegime
I take it you are happy to use rebuildables then?
You would also need wire/s cotton
set of mini screwdrivers.

Tanks are better for nights out IMO

so starting with a subtank might be the best go as you can buy the premade coils and use the RBA base that comes with it to practice building your own.

In your budget I would go for a sigelei 100w/100+/150w (if you dont mind the size of them)
subtank and a clone dripper of your choice
Get your batteries from a guy called torchyboy. dont have the link at work im sure someone will post it soon though

I have a sigelei 150w with my mutation X dripper on and personally i find it to be a fantastic combo. plenty of flavour and it chucks vapour for cloud chasing

Cheers for the reply

I'm happy to try and learn :p
Looking at the sigelei 150, wish I could find that red one in stock
At the moment I'm only going to be using one flavour to be honest, would I be better just getting the sigelei+a subtank? (Looking at that kanger subtank mini, seems to be highly rated)

Soldato
subtank seems to be the tank of choice at the moment and you get the spare RBA base so you can do your own coils if you want too. so best of both worlds.

If you don't want such a big device you could get a lower Wattage device for cheaper but the Sigelei will be usable for any Drippers/tanks you may purchase in the future.

The red one does look lovely. mines always in its rubber sleeve though. makes it much nicer to hold as the edges on the sigelei can feel a bit boxy in the hand if you know what I mean

Caporegime
subtank seems to be the tank of choice at the moment and you get the spare RBA base so you can do your own coils if you want too. so best of both worlds.

If you don't want such a big device you could get a lower Wattage device for cheaper but the Sigelei will be usable for any Drippers/tanks you may purchase in the future.

The red one does look lovely. mines always in its rubber sleeve though. makes it much nicer to hold as the edges on the sigelei can feel a bit boxy in the hand if you know what I mean

Hmm now I'm torn between the 100+ and the 150, since I can't get red but those squigly lines on the 100+ look awful.

Which batteries should I be getting (I can see its the 18650 ones but not sure from his list, looking at his forum post)?

EDIT

Ordered a 150/Samsung 2500 from Torchy + one of his chargers on ebay/Kanger Subtank

Last edited:
Soldato
@ukt..
Can you do me a flavour? See if the glass and chimney parts of the lemo drop fits on the lemo 2. As I've just seen PB review of it and he says it's the same part for the first to the second one. I might one and Frankenstein a lemo 2 drop... TIA :D

Edit: anyone know where I can get an innokin Isub tank from?
In the past I have said that innokin makes the most fugly devices on the market, but this tank looks quite nice, coupled with a kbox and it will be a super industrial looking setup for a super low £30 pounds. Great for nights out..

Last edited:
Soldato
How long does delivery take for Fasttech?

I heard there's a delivery option to speed it up?

And will I get hit with import charges?

How long is a piece of string?

I have had a delivery in 5 days, using China Post. Other appear to get good results by using epacket(?) I have never used this yet. On the other hand, I have had deliveries take 6 weeks too.

I would, personally, try the epacket or China Post option again, always. But realistically, Fasttech, as with all orders from China, should be an order and forget service. There is little point in postie hunting, because you will almost certainly be disappointed. If you want it quick, buy in UK.

As for import taxes. I have never been hit from China. That's not to say it wont happen, but not for me. FT have, in the past, put artificially low package prices on their envelopes, which means you shouldn't be hit with these duties, but I guess there are no guarantees.

Associate
I just bought a iStick 50w and it has the authentication code scratch thing on the back but the serial number has been peeled off. Should i be worried that this isn't authentic? The scratch number comes up as OK on the eLeaf website.

Cheers

Soldato
I just bought a iStick 50w and it has the authentication code scratch thing on the back but the serial number has been peeled off. Should i be worried that this isn't authentic? The scratch number comes up as OK on the eLeaf website.

Cheers

Depends on where you got it from... offically only Totally wicked and its sub companies like TECC can sell isticks in the uk. So what's been happending is uk companies have been buying them from 3rd party companies in other countries, people in the uk have been checking the stickers in the UK and eleaf has got wind of this and stopped selling to thoose 3rd partes.

So what the third party companys and uk companies have been removing them. If it's from a big online company like myepack; if they say it was authentic, I would just belief them, for the cost of what they can get an authentic one for compare to a clone, there's no reason to for them to buy the clone and mark it as authentic.

Hope this make sense.

Soldato
Hmm now I'm torn between the 100+ and the 150, since I can't get red but those squigly lines on the 100+ look awful.

Which batteries should I be getting (I can see its the 18650 ones but not sure from his list, looking at his forum post)?

EDIT

Ordered a 150/Samsung 2500 from Torchy + one of his chargers on ebay/Kanger Subtank

Treat yourself to a dripper aswell and then become dripper master race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom