• Yes

Votes: 106 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 622 74.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 106 12.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
So a report on Engadget seems to suggest the delays are partly due to issues with the taptic engine during production, and a late switch of manufacturer. Apple are falling back to the seemingly generic June shipping date as that's when they think production will be back fully on track.

Edit - verge article http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/29/8517639/apple-watch-taptic-engine-defect

Last edited:
Associate
I believe that people are just looking at the header information in their confirmation emails.

I think this is also where the discrepancies are appearing in terms of those with 'later' times getting them before those with earlier ones. If we are just basing it on email times, then that isn't necessarily your actual position in the order queue since it depends on email servers etc.

It makes less sense that they are randomly picking orders to fufill rather than going in proper order.

Permabanned
20150429_193343000_i_OS.jpg

Absolutely love mine :)

Soldato
I think that looks much nicer than the silver version. Can't wait for mine! It's going to arrive when I'm on holiday which is even more painful

Permabanned
It's an incredible piece of tech. I really don't think Apple could have done anything more with a 1st gen product. I literally have just a couple of little niggles that a software update won't sort.

Permabanned
Given it a good battery test today. Took it off charge this morning at 5.40am and have 4 email accounts, texts, whatsapp, 2 short calls, shown it to colleagues, ran PowerPoint app for ten mins and done some fitness with heart rate. Also keep looking at it :)

As I post 55% left.

Impressed :eek:

fez

fez

Caporegime
The battery is absolutely fine. You would have to be doing something really serious not to get a days use from it.

How many of you have taken it in the shower/bath with you so far? I did on the day i got it which in hindsight/the shocked reaction of a mate with one might not have been entirely sensible. It came through fine though. I cant imagine why you would keep it on in the shower normally though. It gets so wet and icky under watches when you have been in the shower.

Last edited:
Soldato
This might sway me over to Apple. The amount of time I spend on my phone checking notifications which end up being pointless or something I want to deal with later; this would save all that hassle.

Associate
Cant seem to figure out how to add a monogram to my watch face, read some instructions online that it adds your initials from your address book/contacts but cant get anything to display :(

Cheers all

Back
Top Bottom