Best places to buy tyres these days?

Soldato
Wheels are getting refurbed in 2 weeks and with them removing the tyres anyway, makes perfect sense to chuck 2 new ones on at the same time at no extra fitting cost to me. My fronts are getting close to the wear markers!

So, where's best to buy online these days guys? :)

Thanks!

Caporegime
I found my local kwikfit to be a good price, I think they were an extra £5 per wheel. But I popped in and they were done that day.

Soldato
Don't like buying tyres on their own, it's more faff than it's worth having them delivered, stuffing them in the boot and finding somewhere who'll fit them.. To save s few quid a corner it's not worth it.

Blackcircles and mytyres have both been fine for me - tyres delivered straight to the fitter and decent prices. Although these days I've started just going to a local place I trust - about £5 a corner more expensive than doing it online but worth it as I know they're good

Caporegime
Ditto - heard a lot of problems about Kwikfit but I guess it depends on the branch you to go as I've not had any problems with mine.

Only problem I've had was they snapped a bolt, but it was most likely due to be over tightened before and I was changing the rear brakes anyway.

Don't like buying tyres on their own, it's more faff than it's worth having them delivered, stuffing them in the boot and finding somewhere who'll fit them.. To save s few quid a corner it's not worth it.

Blackcircles and mytyres have both been fine for me - tyres delivered straight to the fitter and decent prices. Although these days I've started just going to a local place I trust - about £5 a corner more expensive than doing it online but worth it as I know they're good

Exactly, I've used one of those tyre places that come to your door before. It was £20 more expensive than blackcircles etc (or whatever was the cheapest at the time). They turned up at my door, fitted the tyres, took away the old ones. Job done.

Soldato
In this case, I think it makes sense to check the cost of supplying the tyres yourself. If the people refurbing the alloys are able to supply tyres check what they can buy them for.

If you can get them much cheaper supplied online, go with the online supplier.

Ordinarily, going with someone who supplies and fits them may be simpler - particularly if there's a problem with the tyres discovered during o after fitting.

Permabanned
asda tyres, then choose arnold clark to fit if you have one near to you, get a free wash and inside valet for free, they also do a free vehicle check if wanted.

Back
Top Bottom