What watch do you wear?

Soldato
This is my everyday watch, I'm an electrician so it gets some stick and never let's me down :D
:D classic.........

f0XoO4TYj

Associate
[RXP]Andy;27967443 said:
Where is a good place to sell an Omega other than eBay? As I have been toying with the idea.

I've just sold mine and after quite a bit of shopping around Hallam Jewelers in nottingham(www.hallamfinejewellery.com) were great.
I've also heard good things about Blowers however they already had the same model as mine in stock so they wasn't interested.

Soldato
Actually really, really like that! :)

May I ask where you got it from?

Creation Watches, for the one I bought (It's a 42mm despite the dimensions listed) but they also have loads of other autos under £100.
It came from Singapore, I ordered on Friday evening last week and it turned up Monday morning, hilariously quick, usually it takes about a week though.

Last edited:
Associate
Creation Watches, for the one I bought (It's a 42mm despite the dimensions listed) but they also have loads of other autos under £100.
It came from Singapore, I ordered on Friday evening last week and it turned up Monday morning, hilariously quick, usually it takes about a week though.

+1 for creation, I've had two seikos and a citizen from them, all Arrived in 3 days with no duty. As long as your fine with grey imports (i.e. no official warranty) they're sound.

Soldato
Yeah was looking at the cheaper range with most being under $350 although looking at UK resellers, the conversion rate is basically 1:1 so not as good of a value.

Quite fancy a NOMOS but for that budget I would get a vintage Omega Seamaster De Ville. That Instrmnt 01-A GM/T I picked up on Kickstarter will fill the modern minimalist style gap in the meantime.

Caporegime
Might as well buy a Fossil if you want a cheap chrono, a least they don't have the cheek to charge nearly £400 for something with a random 'swiss' movement that's only resistant to 50M.

Soldato
Am I the only one who thinks (most of) these Rolexes are quite ugly ( imho), the average Emporio Armani 200-400 € watch looks nicer than most of the Rolexes posted here imho.

That Seiko of InvaderGIR looks very nice though.

I really like the smartwatches in terms of looks too! Not the E-ink ones like I have but a Moto 360 looks superb imho.

Last edited:
Soldato
Und where did you get the strap from? :)

You can get nato straps from loads of places, but this one is an 'Olive' one from Monkey Swag although their site is currently down...it was having loads of problems lately so hopefully they'll fix that but there are plenty of other sources for natos.

I also got their 'Military Green' as I wasn't sure which one I preferred the colour of and at ~£7 a go I didn't mind getting a couple. Worn & Wound describe it as 'a mid-sized military field watch' so I wanted to keep that theme and have a nato that fitted as military and I think the olive actually fits the bill better than the 'military' one.

AB0D1A1B-445B-49B8-A44C-92CE7847E5AF.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Am I the only one who thinks (most of) these Rolexes are quite ugly ( imho), the average Emporio Armani 200-400 € watch looks nicer than most of the Rolexes posted here imho.

That Seiko of InvaderGIR looks very nice though.

I really like the smartwatches in terms of looks too! Not the E-ink ones like I have but a Moto 360 looks superb imho.

I've never really been a Rolex fan (I'm talking the Sub range here) in the same way I'm not an SMP/PO fan, mostly due to them being so /everywhere/ in the daily office workplace. Having said that, in the flesh they do have substantial presence and looks expensive. Just pictures don't do them justice.

I think there are a few exceptions to that though as evidenced by this thread but a Sub and SMP definitely looks better in person than in photos. Though not enough to pry me away from my Pelagos of course ;)

Soldato
You can get nato straps from loads of places, but this one is an 'Olive' one from Monkey Swag although their site is currently down...it was having loads of problems lately so hopefully they'll fix that but there are plenty of other sources for natos.

I also got their 'Military Green' as I wasn't sure which one I preferred the colour of and at ~£7 a go I didn't mind getting a couple. Worn & Wound describe it as 'a mid-sized military field watch' so I wanted to keep that theme and have a nato that fitted as military and I think the olive actually fits the bill better than the 'military' one.
Cool. Thanks. :)

I prefer the one on the left. A richer, darker green to my eyes. Is that the olive green or military green?

Back
Top Bottom