BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Its hard to see the screw holes, but it looks like it goes through a thin layer of plastic and then behind that is this white material.

2015-05-01%2007.51.51.jpg

2015-05-01%2007.51.27.jpg

Caporegime
Z4 flew through it's MOT today, I noticed the mileage though, only done 2000 miles in the last year.

This got me thinking, the whole road tax being based on emissions/engine size is a bit of a joke. Ultimately I knew the road tax before buying it, but it just feels bizarre that someone who does ten times the mileage, can pay ten times less road tax.

Soldato
Z4 flew through it's MOT today, I noticed the mileage though, only done 2000 miles in the last year.

This got me thinking, the whole road tax being based on emissions/engine size is a bit of a joke. Ultimately I knew the road tax before buying it, but it just feels bizarre that someone who does ten times the mileage, can pay ten times less road tax.

Yeah, you got to pay to play...

Equally though, YOU could do 10 times the miles for exactly the same VED cost.

Soldato
Well, just got back from going to the dealer...and just for a change its never simple...

The triangle is screwed through a plastic sheet into a plastic/fibre board, which is what all the white stuff is. The screws have pulled themselves through the sheet and thats why its dropped off the boot lid and as they are self tapping they will not screw back in. The plastic sheet and plastic/fibre board is not supplied as a spare it comes as part of the boot lid so its now booked to the body shop to see what they can do, and as I'm away next week they have lent me yet another car..

2015-05-01%2013.25.08.jpg

Can't complain about that ;) but the number of problems I have is beyond funny

Last edited:
Associate
I've recently bought a 2009 335i and have been looking at the JB4. Does anyone have one? I'm not sure if I want to do anything yet as the car is under BMW extended warranty but would be interested if anyone on here has experience of the JB4 or alternatives...

Soldato
How do I go about dealing with corrosion issues? Presumably Sytner shouldn't have sold me an AUC car without fixing this first? I'm negotiating with them about fixing some of the minor scratches (detailing will get most of them out and the dealer has agreed to pay for that) and what they can do for me for others, including returning a portion of the purchase price. This is after buying a car based on videos and salesman telling me it was immaculate and no marks other than two stone chips on bonnet (I was unable to view it in person before buying and it's too inconvenient to return it).

Last edited:
Soldato
Where?

I saw one picture of the new 5 touring. Doesn't look a huge amount different, but they are doing that thing they did with the F30 and bringing the headlights in more towards the grill. Hopefully better than they did with that woeful square bit of "headlight" they did with the 3 series.

I also read they are trying to close the gap to the E-class with regards to space. That is very welcome, as that was the only redeeming feature of the new E-class as far as I could see. The E-Class was working out substantially cheaper than the 5, and being bigger, it was almost a no brainer. Except the heart kicked in and the 5 series is, all-round, the better car. But a bit more space certainly wouldn't go amiss.

All that being said, if they do the "floating ipad" thing, I'm out. Simple as that.

Soldato
Yeah. I'm selling my 2002 330i Touring for around £2k, with FSH and under 100k. So they are out there.

Don't expect a late model E46 coupe 330cd Sport or similar, and there are good cars out there for your budget.

Back
Top Bottom