Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Don
Just took mine out for the first time, in 25mph winds it was just as described, rock solid, held its position amazingly, the camera is silky smooth and the gimbal is a thing of beauty.

Very happy and very grateful for all the advice :cool:

Don
Just took mine out for the first time, in 25mph winds it was just as described, rock solid, held its position amazingly, the camera is silky smooth and the gimbal is a thing of beauty.

Very happy and very grateful for all the advice :cool:

Glad you're enjoying it. Now you have the bug. Sorry about that.

Associate
'ere she be...

No prop locks either? Must be seriously old stock if they didn't come with them. All Inspire 1 owners should be getting a set of quick release kit and 3 pairs of quick release props free of charge, maybe you should ask your dealer about this.

Soldato
Didn't you only just change your ESC's a few weeks?
Same ESC's but flashed with new software and settings for my new emax 1900kv, new frame as I broke my qav and have called it a day with them and new camera so I though I would test it out.
On a side note, after all my woes with tentech this zmr seems solid as a rock, hit the same goalpost in the same place that broke the qav and the zmr and thug arms came away unscratched. Still haven't received the arms I was supposed to get yet though.

[TW]Taggart;27984511 said:
Great bit of flying there dude. Loved the half flip with a rollout while going backwards!

Cheers man, feels like it is starting to click, still tuning the rates as on this setup its all feeling different, also with PID_AT_MIN throttle management is a little different too, so much control and stability now without having to play the throttle like I did in flips and rolls and hard turns.

IMG_20150501_223029_zpsm6w8j7vm.jpg

IMG_20150501_223019_zpsq7ekb2tp.jpg

Don
Nice Will. I love my Inspire but my recent Phantom 3 gets more use, and, you know what, it pains me to say it, its just as good, if not better

I looked long and very hard at the P3 but after having a play with a mates p2 it just feels a bit more 'toyish' the inspire I personally think (and I'm new to this game and a bit biased) looks like its in a different league, I would feel very comfortable offering its services for mate's weddings (I do photos for them for free) etc.. its just a cut above in terms of quality imo.

oh and to whoever asked, it came with prop locks :)

Don
I looked long and very hard at the P3 but after having a play with a mates p2 it just feels a bit more 'toyish' the inspire I personally think (and I'm new to this game and a bit biased) looks like its in a different league, I would feel very comfortable offering its services for mate's weddings (I do photos for them for free) etc.. its just a cut above in terms of quality imo.

oh and to whoever asked, it came with prop locks :)

I agree. The Inspire offers a couple of things above the P3 that are important to me.

Removeable camera
Ability to rotate the camera
Looks professional
HDMI output on the transmitter (for goggles)
Ability to run dual operator with another transmitter

The P3 is an amazing bit of kit at a fantastic price but I feel that DJI really should have changed the shell to make it look like a mini inspire or something else entirely.

Soldato
Camera mount now mounted with metal screws and nuts, much more secure. Also pulled out some of the wires in the naze breakout connector, so I can use the space under the naze mount for other wiring

250update24.jpg

Was hoping to get out with the DJI F450 today but its been horrible weather. Iv had an idea of how to make the landing skids a little more stable in the air, loop some black string around each leg and then put the foam shoes on, im hoping it will fly a little better with the skids on.

Soldato
That is sweet mate. If you dont mind me asking how much did that cost to put together. Also do you have any FPV clips?

Erm, well I was aiming for around £140-£150 budget, although I did mess a few things up, so had to buy a couple of replacement ESCs, and new motors so I did spend a tad over that.

Frame was around £25
Escs around £7 each x 4 - £28
Motors around £9 each x 4 - 36
Naze32 Flight Controller with soldering service around £25
FrSky D4R-II plus Reciever - £22ish
Battery £10-15 for how many you want
Mobius was £56, but I can use that across 3 models
FPV camera came part of my Fatshark kit
Props around £9 for 16 gemfans

So the model without the camera stuff is around £150 thats without a TX

I am not a master at flying it or filming on it yet, I am still using the half acro half auto stabalisation mode on the naze called "horizon" mode.

I am going to be looking at doing some more practising in rate/acro mode when the sun is out, then start looking at tuning it a bit (PID) to make it smoother.

Videos can be found on my youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU2-n7dCRS6w3LZQwGFIJbw

There are far better 250 flyers here than me :p, I am still building up my confidence, and hopefully will do the same in rate mode, so I can start flying faster and not have it fight for self levelling

I have found a new use for 3S battery packaging that they come in, going to re-inforce, pack with foam and they will be my new Mobius housing, and new FPV housing, mainly for the 450 quad. It fits in position pretty much spot on, on the camera mounting plate

Last edited:
Soldato
i am quite interested in these. I have been flying rc planes and heli's for 15 years now.

I do have a mobius camera though. which i use on my planes. (with added lanyard etc, in case of camera coming undone during 3d flying)

i have bought a hubsan q4 which is fun, although very small and short flight times.

could you link me to what you would recommend perhaps. obviously i have a Tx and quite a few 3s 2200 lipo's

Soldato
250 carbon fiber frame, mine is diatone silver blade glass fibre has the power dist board built in, alternatively qav250 or zmr, there are a few examples in the later pages of this thread

Naze32 flight controller is reccomended for these frames although at a squeeze I believe people have stuck in kk boards but naze32 are great. Tip if your no good at soldering small pins, can be tricky, pay for the soldering service, worth it

Suitable RX, I got a frsky D4R-II plus 4 channel or 8 with cppm. Can get telemetry on there and there a great small size to fit on these

I have emax 12 amp esc s with simon k firmware x 4

Emax 2300kv motors, this is the Max motor rating I think you should be using on these 250s, can't remember the min rating motors, but the 2300s work great

I have 3 x 3s 1300mah lipos and I use 5030 Gemfan props

Any any fpv camera gear

Remember if your frame doesn't have a power board build in for soldering your escs and power to, you need a separate power distribution board

Can't link ATM I'm on tablet, but makeitbuildit is a good site, radioc and hobbyking

Last edited:
Don
Took my first vid, obviously severely lacking in skill at this stage, but the possibilities for this thing are epic I've already ordered the second controller and two more batteries :D

Link here

Criticisms and suggestions for improving anything would be greatly appreciated :)

Soldato
Little bit of flying from yesterday afternoon, quality of the video did not turn out great, poor pc can't handle 60fps in vegas pro so I had to use windows movie maker.... horrid!

Also managed to bag a nucleus pdb for the zmr so that should clean things up nicely and save a little weight!

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you get better video results in Vegas?

I have it downloaded but not installed yet

Those darn branches/twigs at the end, I have had some nice close shaves in some flights, one you can see the twigs brush over the camera lens and miss the props :D nice vid

Will gill I cant believe the stabilaity of that footage, unreal

Not out today, doing some more jobs to my bixler build, fitting strobon LED's, which are really cool, may get some for my DJI. Got one red, one green and one white.

For anyone who's interested this is what it looks like, they are more brigher than they look on camera in the day aswel. Hooked them up to an RX channel and going to programme to switch on/off. Will probably get some more for my DJI.

Last edited:
Don
Will gill I cant believe the stabilaity of that footage, unreal

It's exactly what I wanted in terms of stability, it's basically the aerial equivalent of my dslr setup. All the movement was via the rotors I could imagine when I get the second controller and my mate on the gimbal (or vice versa) we will start getting some awesome footage. I'm very lucky to live in area surrounded by beautiful locations. I'm sure you will all tire of my videos :p

thats another one which hasn't finished processing yet (it's 2.8gb in size so I'll come back to it and caption it correctly later :)

Back
Top Bottom