***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
just got my subtank mini and iStick 50w and its great but does anyone know when i should refill the ejuice? Is it safe to let it run down right to the bottom of the tank as i want to try a different flavour and don't want to waste any.
cheers

Soldato
just got my subtank mini and iStick 50w and its great but does anyone know when i should refill the ejuice? Is it safe to let it run down right to the bottom of the tank as i want to try a different flavour and don't want to waste any.
cheers

I would never let it run completely empty as you risk burning the wick in your coil. Ideally, having two tanks is best because then you can swap and change your juice at will. I only have one tank right now, so what I do is let it run down till it's almost empty. Then empty it and refill with the new juice. After about 10 or 15 vapes, the old flavour is gone and you can taste the new juice.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Took a quick photo of the new UTA with its older bro earlier...

The differences between it and the original are subtle and minimal IMO. Both are fantastic but I miss the engraving on the inside ring.

If I were being fussy I'd say I prefer the original polycarbonate tank as its a little less frosted, but its in no way a deal breaker.

AmtV0IK.jpg.png

...and a quick and dirty pic of how I wick it. (before I trimed the wicks)

(.35mm, 3mm ID, 7 wraps.)

n27bmN6.jpg.png

:)

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I've just been chatting to Pete who makes the UTA's he's sending me out a new tank section as it shouldn't be quite as 'frosty' as that, He thinks it may have not had a final finishing to it. When I assembled it it was certainly not rough or anything so just assumed it was how he intended. Top marks from Pete. :)

Soldato
went to grab some juice this morning and couldnt leave this RDA behind the Royal hunter, looks awesome :)

and for an insane price IMO got it for £15.99, Feels solid and well built. nice smooth airflow adjustment and the widebore driptip feels lovely in the mouth.
Exact finish match to my SMPL mod as well which I didn't realise until getting home :cool:

mjYOSea.jpg

it also has a splash guard which seems to work really well as you can see on in the pictures here:http://greyhaze.co.uk/products/royal-hunter-rda

@V_R im Jelly! not a fan of that frosting glad you are getting a new one :)

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Either tbh mate, they are near enough the same, just a very minor change to the inner chimney ring. If I really had to choose, I might say I prefer the original as it has the engraving on the inner ring and you can see it though the tank as its a clearer poly section. Oh and there will be less V1's! :D

The posts are secured to the base a little different on the 2 but nothing that you would notice when using it. :)

Other than that they are the same, and tbh I doubt there will be much difference in price on the 2nd hand market.

Associate
I have a Ileaf istick that for some reason keeps coming up with protection and not firing I've noticed when I screw my nautilus mini on it seems the thread has gone anyway to fix this?

Soldato
Nice one VR looking good dude, also nice to see you back here aint seen you for a while :D

Meanwhile I just noticed a FT package in the shed's letter box, which I never check as its never ever used, was 2 packs of the same batterys that the 35A 2500 mAh efests are cant remember what cells they are off top of my head but I researched it before I ordered them from FT lol was a month ago, so got two fresh sets of batterys for my sigelei.

I kinda forgot how long fresh batterys take to charge and last, iv not had to swap batterys for 3 hours and got 55% left, that's epic by my standards :)

Also, received a mutation X v5 clone from FT, things I like, the square centre post, how genius is that no spin what so ever, something so simple every RDA should be like that as standard, also the alen key grub knuts or what ever they called, 100x better than screws can actually get a solid connection every time and snap the lead of without a coil going west.
also the mutation x v5 clone, the juice well is immence its better than the mxv2.

But im using the mutation x v2 clone, (which is same as mutation X v3 genuine pretty much),

the widebore on the mxv5 clone is the same diameter at the base of the drip tip, just wider at the top, total gimmick, airflow though theres a lot more air holes actually is only about 5% more than the mutation Xv2 clone with widebore drip tip.

I don't know, it vapes good, but not natural feeling, might be just because iv used mutation x v2 for so long, meh :p but the deck sectin is fantastic though, so ill use it for my custom drippers instead :)

Soldato
I have a Ileaf istick that for some reason keeps coming up with protection and not firing I've noticed when I screw my nautilus mini on it seems the thread has gone anyway to fix this?

If it's the istick 20w, There's a few fixes on YouTube that requires the ego adapter or the bending adapter (http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/MODS-Advanced/Eleaf-IStick-Mini-IStick/Eleaf-IStick-Bending-Adapter.Html) that basically bolts on another set of threads on top of the damaged one.

They will cause voltage drop and depending on how bent the original 510 was, the results can come out different cosmetically.

–----------

Does anyone sub ohm below 0.5 on their 50w istick on a regular bases? I was pulsing a 0.4 ohm dual coil setup on my nearly fully charged one at 17w and it was making a rather funny humming sound, rather like my i2 battery charger.. St which point I thought I best stop using it and switched to my rdna.. Lol

The specs says it will fire down to 0.2 but we don't really know what the amp limits on the two IMR batteries are.

Soldato
My 50w went nuts trying to fire a .4 dual coil build, only if it was fully charged would it fire well. Single coil builds seem to be fine however.

Has anyone else been reading of all the 50w issues? Reports of them starting fires due to it auto firing. Apparently the tell tale signs of it happening is random errors and misfiring. Going to retire mine asap I think.

Edit: if you purchased a 50w before March it has the internal connections of the 20/30w istick which likely aren't man enough for the 50w. The only way to tell which batch is by serial number, which most of us don't have :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
Hello there. Thought I would see if I can get some advice. I had to throw out my cheapo eVod, so I'm looking for a replacement.

Is the Kanger T2 eGo a good place to go? I'm not looking to get serious vapist, just want something convenient, reliable and cheap. Thanks!

Soldato
My 50w went nuts trying to fire a .4 dual coil build, only if it was fully charged would it fire well. Single coil builds seem to be fine however.

Has anyone else been reading of all the 50w issues? Reports of them starting fires due to it auto firing. Apparently the tell tale signs of it happening is random errors and misfiring. Going to retire mine asap I think.

Thanks..

I have read a few reports and TBH, I think the issues are more down to the users mashing their fire buttons up. The fire button is shabby, mine doesn't fire first time every time, but I just release it and try again, rather than press down harder or keep pressing it. It's very similar to the issue on the 20w and mines still working.

Hello there. Thought I would see if I can get some advice. I had to throw out my cheapo eVod, so I'm looking for a replacement.

Is the Kanger T2 eGo a good place to go? I'm not looking to get serious vapist, just want something convenient, reliable and cheap. Thanks!

IMHO it's a step down, if it's the atty I think it is.. There's a link on the OP for £20 pound starter kit. But it's only slightly better than what you may have at the moment.

Or there's this: http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/Deluxe-Vaping-Kits/Aspire-Premium/Aspire-Premium-Starter-Kit.Html for £50. And the tank in this kit is great.

Soldato
Thanks..

I have read a few reports and TBH, I think the issues are more down to the users mashing their fire buttons up. The fire button is shabby, mine doesn't fire first time every time, but I just release it and try again, rather than press down harder or keep pressing it. It's very similar to the issue on the 20w and mines still working.

The reported faults have ranged from misfires and errors to full blown fires/explosions.
http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/33mkvt/eleaf_istick_50w_issues_thread/

For me personally, its been fine, crapped out with the dual coil sub ohm build, but I'm presuming the batteries just aren't up to it, no biggie for me :)

Anhow, myepack get the IPV4 in stock on tuesday, so my istick will be getting retired then :D

Soldato
Ok guys, need some opinions/advice on a new atomiser, ive had and used in the past kayfun lites, Rose V2, Taifun V1, and recently Kayfun V4 Hcigar clone, also have a Subtank Mini but im sick of both of these either leaking or just not performing well at all.
Subtank is good but leaks from the airflow collar
Kayfun 4, good clone but my god its a pain in the back side, so many orings and what not to go wrong its fiddly (glad i didnt pay for the original)
Im really wanting a good tank that will just work without much effort, not really into sub ohm stuff really just after a good flavour without breaking the bank, were expecting our first child soon so funds are pretty tight, what is there?

Associate
Thanks slinxy it was the first one that came out but I gave it a good clean and it seems to be working fine again must have had some gunk in it.

I've just ordered a subtank and 30 watt iStick just incase needed a upgrade anyway :)

Soldato
Iv put my subtank that I didn't like well, that was useless to me as im a rda cloud chasing 24/7 styled vaper with massive airflow,

I recycled my subtank, stuck some of my missus 70vg blueberry in it, changed the cotton in the OCC coil heads tho, pulled the cotton out, stuck some of my own cotton in so that it wicks better because with my 90vg juice I tried when I got it, it just burnt all the time wouldn't wick.

Now it works perfectly, even iv had a few toots on it, works well with the nemesis mech mod aswell, wouldn't use a hybrid top cap tho as it would short because of the none adjustable 510, but with a nemesis mod it works good.

Nice little tank actually, does its job well and is simple, so much better than old kayfuns and orchids etc, its in a different league. Still along way to go to match a dripping experience, but nether the less, for people who like tanks its great.

Hopefully my missus will kick the fags now with better kit, as she does 50% vaping 50% smoking at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom