Neighbour parking obstruction help :( (Large pics sorry)

Caporegime
Not sure i really see the problem here, apart from him parking on the grass maybe but i guess that would be up to the council to enforce ( if he is indeed not supposed to park there).

Soldato
Simple fix that resolves the reverse turning issue :S

The other simple fix would be to use the 6 miles of room hes left to to the right of him:p

IMAG0337_zpsrvudp7yp.jpg

but yes, you should be reversing into the drive.

Soldato
Is it just me... or is it not illegal to reverse out onto a semi-major road like that?

OP should be reversing onto his drive and driving out onto the road forwards...

Simple fix that resolves the reverse turning issue :S

The highway code just says to avoid reversing onto a main road if you can, it's not illegal to do it.

Transmission breaker
Don
OP, surely you can see that you just have to reverse a tiny but further to the unhindered side to both increase the space available and solve your vision problem?
You even say you park out on the drive sometimes, do you leave him enough space to allow him to do as you are trying to do?

Soldato
That's pathetic on your front. He's clearly on his half of the path!

PS highway code says not to reverse out onto a main road too.

/Thread

Last edited:
Associate
This is in South Shields right?

If it's the road I am thinking of then I know that road well, it's not actually all that busy, it's a common bus run and I understand people do probably drive faster than the limit, but I think you are over reacting.

You have posed your car in positions up against the other guys. I don't understand why you don't just leave space.

Try reversing onto your drive in future.

Man of Honour
You appear to be deliberately positioning your car as far left as you can, meaning you're unnaturally close to the BMW. You should also be reversing in to your drive off a main road like that.

An advanced driving instructor will happily spend some time coaching you on parking for a reasonable fee, if this is genuinely causing you to lose sleep it would be money well spent.

And just to note, if the guy next door concreted his bit and used it as a parking space you would be in exactly the same position. The fact that it's a bit of grass appears to be clouding your perception somewhat.

Permabanned
You are being unreasonable. It seems you are not a confident driver and not very good at reversing. There is plenty of room for both cars.

Associate
And just to note, if the guy next door concreted his bit and used it as a parking space you would be in exactly the same position. The fact that it's a bit of grass appears to be clouding your perception somewhat.

I agree, even if it was concreted he'd be parking in the same place. The only problem is the fact it's grass which you would need to speak to the council about.

Associate
I suspect this is more of a "I paid for my driveway so why should he be able to do this for free!!!!!11111" issue.

I'm sure it's irritating, but life's too short.

If it's genuinely causing you parking issues, as someone else noted, it maybe worth speaking to a local driving instructor with a view to having a lesson or two to become more confident with parking, reverse parking etc.

If the road is as busy as you say, you shouldn't really be reversing into it.

Back
Top Bottom