What do you use to clean your screens?

Soldato
Should be receiving my new 1440P monitor today I'd like to keep the screen nice and clean, unlike my old 22" dirt bag.

Is it ok to buy any of the generic looking guff from PC World etc. or can some of them actually be quite harmful?

Thanks

Associate
I use Antec Advance 100% Natural spray + microfiber cloth, I believe OCUK sell the wipes - which would be just as good they always dry with zero residue, and I use them on my TV when my nephew decides to leave hand prints over it also

Soldato
I use Antec Advance 100% Natural Spray as well, great stuff. Much better than 'cheapy generic' solutions in my experience and also better than most of the more expensive products. I've used a lot of these as I have to clean monitors very often. If you want to be a frugal you could make your own solution with distilled water and rubbing alcohol, although I find the Antec Advance stuff more effective.

Associate
Is it really true that all you need is 1 E-Cloth with a bit of water, and then another E-Cloth to dry it off? Would be tempted to get 2 multipurpose ones, only £5 each in most places

Soldato
Its true and you can get away with one microfibre cloth. You can get cheap camera kits under the £5 mark that come with a cloth, dust blower and brush.

Blower and brush are useful for cleaning mechanical keyboards I find.

Back
Top Bottom