DiRT Rally Hits Steam Early Access

Associate
Using my G25 I haven't touched the settings in game, but have had my profile settings set to the following for some time now. For me this works good on all Codemasters racing games I've played in the last few years. I've had no issues with FFB on any of them, including Dirt Rally.

The spring and damper effects in Wheels control panels are for games that don't offer FFB. Having them enabled artificially creates those forces using the wheels driver and not the games forces.

Turning off the damper and spring lets the games physics and its FFB implementation provide the forces and the correct feel the developers intend.

Have a gander at this thread which explains why high FFB isn't always the best option.

Associate
Does anyone know if you do a shakedown run and smash the car up, does it fix itself for when you do the actual stage or are you stuck with a broken car?

Soldato
The spring and damper effects in Wheels control panels are for games that don't offer FFB. Having them enabled artificially creates those forces using the wheels driver and not the games forces.

Turning off the damper and spring lets the games physics and its FFB implementation provide the forces and the correct feel the developers intend.

Have a gander at this thread which explains why high FFB isn't always the best option.

Interesting read cheers :) I shall have another tinker with the settings!

Here's a quick blast with the Mini I recorded earlier using Shadowplay.

Caporegime
did you see the dirty corner cut though :p

i so wanted to beat that time and i think i could in a different car just not that one :(:p

know that track so well now. :D

Soldato
Once you have the RBR version of DashMeterPro go here :

http://www.sensadigit.com/installation/dashmeterpro-for-rbr

Download ' DashMeterOutgauge v1.1.2.zip ', linked halfway down the page.

Extract the folder from the archive. I put it in the root of my games drive, but it can go anywhere.

Open the prefs file in the folder & enter the IP address of your android phone.

Go to \Documents\My Games\DiRT Rally\hardwaresettings\ and edit ' hardware_settings_config.xml '

Find the line that starts with ' motion enabled ' and set it to this :

<motion enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" extradata="3" />

Save the changes to the xml.

Start DashMeterOutgauge.exe first ( it'll open a dos window - leave it running ), start the app on your phone & then start the game, in that order.

Last edited:
Associate
well finally done a video showing me winning the brutal welsh rally. :cool:

Very nice but was that the open championship? Wait until you get to the professional and above. I did it with the 80s lancia and thought I was going well... finished 5th lol.

Caporegime
fulvia ? thats garbage. in mini can win by like 15 secs most travks on welsh apart from sweet lamb reverse which for some reason its really hard to gain time on.

Caporegime

not what the tooltip says?

Associate
tumblr_nnzusag1dY1ttwrdgo1_1280.jpg

This is what failure looks like

Associate
fulvia ? thats garbage. in mini can win by like 15 secs most travks on welsh apart from sweet lamb reverse which for some reason its really hard to gain time on.
You must be a lot more consistent that me :) I have a random good run then many many bad ones :D

One thing I have found strange through with the AI times is you can blast through a few sections seeming really fast and have them red, then have a bad one and get a green somehow?

Soldato
League positions after event 2 :

1 RobM - 37
2 JP - 33
3 Thesnipergecko - 27
4 MoodyB - 27
5 dg!(aka dgeesio)aka ronMctube - 18
6 markoboyo10 - 16
7 LightningBeal - 10
8 Barry Chuckle - 10
9 katinacooker - 8
10 [Volk]K1LLSW1TCH - 6