Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Not sure why you have a say in the first place tbh

I'm not sure what the rules are regarding ex-pats and voting in general elections. But imo, as long as they have property in the UK/paying taxes, then they should have the right to vote.

No property/taxes paid in the UK, then i'm sorry regardless of whether you're a UK citizen or not, you're not contributing to the UK economy so you shouldn't get a say-so in how the money is spent.

Soldato
I'm not sure what the rules are regarding ex-pats and voting in general elections. But imo, as long as they have property in the UK/paying taxes, then they should have the right to vote.

No property/taxes paid in the UK, then i'm sorry regardless of whether you're a UK citizen or not, you're not contributing to the UK economy so you shouldn't get a say-so in how the money is spent.

+1000

Soldato

If you've and citizen and been UK resident in the last 15 years you can vote.

I'm not sure where this idea of having to contribute to the economy to get a vote idea comes from. There's a ****load of people in the UK making a much lower net contribution to the UK economy than me, why should they get to vote?! :rolleyes:

Soldato
The polls can get it wrong, they also didn't get right on the Scottish independent vote either so maybe this election won't be as close as every body thinks. There's still a number of people who haven't made up their minds (which should suit the incumbent party) who could have a part to play in this yet.

At work at the moment, will vote latter.

Tory

Tory

Tory

Man of Honour
I just watched a guy try to vote for his son, who is working until 11. No proxy paperwork, just said his son wanted him to. Errr, no.

Soldato

do that mean that nobody on benefits should get a vote either?

Slippery slope.

Plus the Ex pats have contributed for decades, why do they not get a vote in your system but an 18 year old who has never had a job does? :S

Associate
Don't even know where my voting card is, i only remembered yesterday that today was even the general election. So, it depends on how motivated i'm feeling when i finish work.

Back
Top Bottom