• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
The ones who think HS2 is a good idea are the ones that need a wake up call. What's it going to cost now? £42bn? I sure as hell am not funding it.

The victorians spent £20bn+ on railway improvements in one decade (accounting for inflation), HS2 will cost twice that and give more than twice the benefit.

The idea that it's some mental vanity project is propaganda, other EU countries already have modern high speed rail links, it's time to bring our railways into the 21st century.

Being able to go on a day trip from Glasgow to Eurodisney is not to be laughed at.

Soldato
That has happened already as far as I'm seeing.

That's because people have fallen for the SNPs "vote us, get Labour plus extras" line, if Miliband validates it then people will buy it every 5 years, if he crushes it and people see it is really a "vote us, get Tories plus nothing" then they will be back to Labour or the Libdems in 2020.

He cannot allow that kind of political hijacking dirty tactics to stand.

Soldato
Bbc Scotland saying that it's the yes voters disaffected with labour that have caused their demise up north but it doesn't matter how Scotland votes 5 years will see UK out of Europe with a suffering pound and calls for an independent Scotland taking their place.

Man of Honour
I wasn't going to stay up, but now the exit Poll is enticing.
I've set an alarm, so i'll probably just pass out at some point.
Only have to pick up some paper work tomorrow for the weekend so an easy day.

Soldato
Bbc Scotland saying that it's the yes voters disaffected with labour that have caused their demise up north but it doesn't matter how Scotland votes 5 years will see UK out of Europe with a suffering pound and calls for an independent Scotland taking their place.

Not if North Sea Oil dies on its arse.

Soldato
The victorians spent £20bn+ on railway improvements in one decade (accounting for inflation), HS2 will cost twice that and give more than twice the benefit.

The idea that it's some mental vanity project is propaganda, other EU countries already have modern high speed rail links, it's time to bring our railways into the 21st century.

Being able to go on a day trip from Glasgow to Eurodisney is not to be laughed at.

Maybe the rest of the country should be brought up to speed first...

2/3 of the country pretty much still relies on old diesel rolling stock.

Soldato
Which it will. How long are the reserves forecast to last? 10 years? 20 at most?

It doesn't have to run out, just a few more price wars from the Saudis which they will do easily will push the production away.
Didn't hear once Micola called on that when on the in out vote when her line was about how Scotland was an oil rich nation.

Soldato
Maybe the rest of the country should be brought up to speed first...

2/3 of the country pretty much still relies on old diesel rolling stock.

The mainlines are also adequate for a relatively small country. 125mph isn't to be laughed at, it's better than many developed nations.

Back
Top Bottom