Have I just lost my dream job?

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Clearly you're somebody that's perfect and enjoys berating people on the Internet to make yourself feel good or something.....

There's a few of those types around here... especially in Motors.

Good job he came into GD :p

Soldato
OP
Taken anything with codeine in it in the last few days?

That'll show up positive for opiates. If it goes off to a lab, they'll see it's codeine not anything else.

I havent had anything other than strepsils for a bad cough.

The food Ive eaten for the last week is:
Brown seeded toast, sandwiches with ham or italian style hams or egg mayo, fruit. Potatoes and chicken for dinner.
Today all I have had is my usual brown seeded toast and a greggs poppyseed bagel and tuna. I haven't taken painkillers since I was burnt before Christmas.

Looks like I'm going to be stuck in the steel works and die straight after I retire.:(

Soldato

Brown seeded toast, sandwiches with ham or italian style hams or egg mayo, fruit. Potatoes and chicken for dinner.
Today all I have had is my usual brown seeded toast and a greggs poppyseed bagel and tuna. I haven't taken painkillers since I was burnt before Christmas.

Looks like I'm going to be stuck in the steel works and die straight after I retire.:(

It's probably the poppy seeds (I think).

Edit: woohoo http://www.snopes.com/medical/drugs/poppyseed.asp

Associate
Well things are going from worse to ****ing bad.

No speeding ticket yet but I scored positive for opiates in my system on the drugs test, which is a major surprise to me as I have taken a illegal drug since I was spiked in 2009. Now my sample is being sent to a lab?:eek::(

I am completely flummoxed how a opiate even got into my system.

Poppy seeds can cause a false positive too. Lab will be able to clarify.

Man of Honour
Wouldn't put it past it being the Strepsils in a low discriminatory test some have Lidocaine and similar which may or may not flag as opiates.

Soldato
OP
If it's been sent to a lab they should be able to give a better analysis.

Will they be able to tell the difference between eating poppyseeds or whatever has given me this false positive and real drugs?

If you're chomping poppy-seed bagels every day then it's almost certainly that. I'm sure it won't be an issue.
I have them regularly and my sandwiches apparently have a large amount of poppyseed in them.
Deep Heat can provide false positives. used that?

Not used that since before I started my diet. three months ago.
I don't take painkillers as they make me feel groggy (prescription) or have no effect (non-prescription). I didn't take the one the doctors gave me after I got burnt as I could stay awake for longer than 40 minutes at a time.

Soldato
Oh dear.

I'd heard about this happening in USA, and they tested it on Mythbusters a while ago.

Poppy seed bagels (or anything poppy-seedy) will give a false positive on an opiates test. I'm not at all sure a lab will be able to tell the difference.

Not sure on what the resolution would be for your situation, though.

Soldato

there you go then; if seeded bread and poppyseeds is a regular thing I cans ee why that would flag up as opiates in a test. the lab will be on your side, so don't worry about it - you don't use ilegal drugs so have nothing to worry about.

edit - left this page open for too long before posting lol. beten to it numerous times.

Soldato
Bummer about the drug test news but hopefully the lab will be more accurate and confirm what you've said.

With regards to the original question, if you don't have points on your licence you have nothing to declare. Sign the contract.

If they offence DOES come through in the next couple of weeks then tell them.

Soldato
OP
there you go then; if seeded bread and poppyseeds is a regular thing I cans ee why that would flag up as opiates in a test. the lab will be on your side, so don't worry about it - you don't use ilegal drugs so have nothing to worry about.

edit - left this page open for too long before posting lol. beten to it numerous times.

Ok, will just have to wait and see.

i just have this vision of being stuck here and ending up like the older guys unable to walk up a flight of steps without a break due to the severe repository issues or the stress related high blood pressure.:(

Back
Top Bottom