The Big Bang Theory...not tv or creation of Universe

Soldato
OP
Can you tell us the general area of Chesterfield/Inkersall so we can have a look on Google Maps?

I might as well post my address if I did that lol

Unfortunately it didn't happen last night. Got up at 4am set camera running but nothing.

Anyone recommend a cheapish wireless web cam, I'm determined to catch this on film just to find out what it is. Getting up at 4am every day is going to be tiring.

Soldato
OP
Perhaps it's some kind of quantum disturbance and won't be visible if you're actually looking for it.

Do I know what I'm taking about? Hell no.

My wife said something similar. Lol

She's only hating because she stayed up late to catch it and it never happened that night either.

I will try again tonight.

Soldato
OP
Never going to happen, if OP can't work it out in a year he'll never work it out.

It is like those "my neighbour is sleeping with my wife, what do I do?" type threads.

Nothing again last night.

I didn't really try to be honest, I can't be getting up at 4am and go hunting for strange bangs in the night all year I have a job.

I've said what part of the country and specified what area of the town.

There is a chemical plant a few miles away but I know someone who works there and it's not that as I discussed it with them.

I got an old webcam out, just need a program to record with it. Logical 4000 web cam, tried flaps but only recorded 30 seconds. Need to get something better.

Associate
Nothing again last night.

I didn't really try to be honest, I can't be getting up at 4am and go hunting for strange bangs in the night all year I have a job.

There is a chemical plant a few miles away but I know someone who works there and it's not that as I discussed it with them.

I got an old webcam out, just need a program to record with it. Logical 4000 web cam, tried flaps but only recorded 30 seconds. Need to get something better.

I use this for motion detection and works really well

http://www.ispyconnect.com/

Soldato

I missed that part. So there is a large draw of power in the middle of the night possibly, could you get a list or schedule for what operations occur overnight and possible MW required.
Would be neat if you found a regular 4am event occurring there. Its not that directly but still its something major operating overnight

I doubt aliens keep to earth time or even a natural occurrence

Soldato
OP
Also Yawcam can record to HDD on a schedule...
So start at 4am, turn off at 5am.

Saves waking up :)

Can also stream at the same time if we want OcUK TV watching live :D

That sounds good. I downloaded ispy before I came to work but setting the time sounds great.

I'll do that tonight, set up an old laptop so I can put it by the bedroom window.

Soldato
OP
ispy has a schedule on it too, played around with both and preferred ispy.

It now is set to record every night between 4am and 5am. Just have to wait for it to happen now. Hopefully be able to capture the bang, then see where the light is coming from to re-position the camera.

Camera quality is poor but should do the job plus it can't focus on any license plates on parked cars in the road so fine to share.

Just have to wait for it now.

Soldato
If you have any large subs stations in your area, it could be one of those. Arcing high voltage electricity goes off with a massive bang and a blinding light. Not really usual for the kind of substations you get in towns though. I know the sub stations on power stations often go bang as part of their normal operation, but we are talking 400,000KV sub stations the size of a couple of football fields. :D

I suppose it could be the farmers in your local area are spreading land mines in their fields to **** the birds off! :p

Back
Top Bottom