What have you done to your car today?

Man of Honour
New rear springs for the A2, discovered the old ones had collapsed on the left side when the new exhaust started knocking on the rear axle when someone lardy (me) got in the passenger seat.

Last edited:
Soldato
And they've all arrived surface scratched to hell.

From a distance you probably won't tell... So I've told them they can have them back (collection at their own cost) or refund me half the money.

As for the 1 Series.. because I like them. You lot must think I have had a history of smooth refined motors or something :D I have these hot hatches but I'm not sitting @ 6k+ RPM all day?!

Bmw 4 pot diesels are clattery and peaky so don't be getting your hopes up!

Soldato
To be fair, I don't think the 3000 miles played much of a factor in the wear. The two track days really took it out of them though.

In hindsight, budgeting for an extra set of tyres is definitely something I will be looking into next time when journeying abroad. I'm just happy that the weather conditions was favorable and we didn't have any punctures.

WHAT? :mad:

So you left a track day knowing your tyres were mashed? You do know you could have got tyres and fitted them right after yea?
I have a feeling you like to live on the edge

Man of Honour
New Fuel pump on the Fozza and a few extra ponies and torques:

14ec6b52-ef39-4ff4-b7ee-02c7d72d4f88_zpswc8enalu.jpg

648db4a2-fce5-48e9-b6da-8c757de5ad40_zpsfoipq5ua.jpg

Man of Honour

Yes, its still running a H&S back box, but has the original cat, so he reckoned could probably reach 280 either removing or replacing with sports cat, but this has transformed it so far. Much smoother and really punchy in the midrange and thats on 95ron.

Soldato
That looks right for the standard turbo (1bar initial dropping to stock 0.6bar boost) as the stock turbo is only a small one (very small exhaust housing) and can't keep up with the demand at higher revs so the boost drops. A better turbo (TD05-16g or -18g) would be able to keep boost to the redline and provide a better set of figures and may even come on boost slightly earlier in the rev range.

Man of Honour
That looks right for the standard turbo (1bar initial dropping to stock 0.6bar boost) as the stock turbo is only a small one (very small exhaust housing) and can't keep up with the demand at higher revs so the boost drops. A better turbo (TD05-16g or -18g) would be able to keep boost to the redline and provide a better set of figures and may even come on boost slightly earlier in the rev range.

Yes turbo is standard, its just a 06 XT with stock suspension, this is probably as far as I will go with it, if I want more I'll sell it and get an Sti

Man of Honour
Dashcam now installed:

dashcam_1.jpg

dashcam_3.jpg

dashcam_2.jpg

The lens on this is wide enough to get the entire front end in view as well as the front wings of whatever car is edging ahead either side. I have routed the cable via the passenger side so I can stow it away in the glovebox when not in use and is within easy reach.

Looking forward to recording some total driving fail now. Just yesterday a man decided that the very moment I was going round a roundabout would be a great time to make his exit in front of me. Not even beeping my horn (something I usually never do) made him actually look to his right...

Back
Top Bottom