Building my own website

Associate
Hi, just wondering if anyone give me some guidance on how to get started with building my own website. I have never done anything like that before and just fancied having a go at it. Any help appreciated.
Vikki

Associate
Are you interested in the actual development of the site or do you just need a site for your content? If the former then look for tutorials on html/CSS/php if the latter then as previous mentioned Wordpress/ joomla will get you up and running quickly.

Permabanned
Hi, just wondering if anyone give me some guidance on how to get started with building my own website. I have never done anything like that before and just fancied having a go at it. Any help appreciated.
Vikki

You don't need no skills at all now apart from the knowledge on how to press next and just a little bit of understanding what it means when it tells you..

Would you like to apply these changes? :)

Every hosting now comes with free templates.

Couple of things that you should research.
01) Domain Names
02) Web Space (How to access)
03) URL's.
04) OcUK Forums to ask questions regarding above.

They are not complex things and maybe an hour of your time reading should get you going.

Associate
If you want quick and easy, use something like square space or wordpress. Otherwise some kind of online course to learn the basics of HTML, css, javascript, I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction of some good resources.

Associate
1. Go to vidahost ( other hosts are available)
2. Purchase a domain name and hosting.
3. Log into account cPanel
4. Click on wordpress one click install
5. Website up and running.

From there add content and then look at modding your theme or buying one

Associate
Squarespace is the most user friendly for a beginner. Wordpress is.... ok.

If you want to learn some basic coding stuff I found codecadamy is pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom