• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What Is The Best graphics card under £300

Permabanned
Right now i have an AMD Radeon 270 and want to upgrade. I play games like red orchestra 2, battlefield 4, tomb raider and skyrim. Im currently looking to purchase GeForce GTX 960 or 770... any thoughts on those two?

Associate
Is there a predicted price reduce on the 970 when the 300 series get released?

Or is that all depending on what performance bracket the new cards lie in?

Associate
Depends on the games. 970 performs better in most games than 290x, but games more dependent on VRAM, the 290x is better due to 0.5GB/4.5GB (if you go with the 8GB version) more VRAM than the 970. But this doesn't matter for most current games, the 970 is enough. On GTAV, benchmarks show that the 970 is better than the 290X and they come neck and neck at higher resolutions. If you do go 290x, buy one now while you still can, stock isn't being replenished and they are being sold cheap to clear them out before the 300 series launched.

I'm also looking at the £240-£300 price point for a card in my build next month, but I'll be patient and wait till 980ti/R9 300 series release to see the effect on prices before I go for it.

As for individual cards, the best 290x include Asus DirectCU, MSI TwinFrozr and Sapphire Tri-X/Vapor-X. Best 970s are the MSI Twin Frozr, Gigabyte G1 and Asus Strix.

Back
Top Bottom