• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 970 - No Display

Associate
Hi,

I've just bought a MSI GTX 970.
The card powers up and the fans work, as well as the MSI LED. Issue I have is that if I plug a DVI or HDMI in to the graphics card I get no display, but the built in mobo graphics works.
Any reason for this? Struggling to solve and use my new gfx :(

Cables are fine, PSU is and motherboard is fine. If I plug in my old AMD R9 270x with the same cables it works without issue. bios is set to ise PCI express as first device.

My specs are
MSI GTX 970
Intel I5 2500
gigabyte h67n mobo

Associate
OP
I am thinking I probably need to upgrade my mobo....and CPU ?

Having researched online this seems to be a common issue where updating the bios fixes it for most people. I've updated my bios to latest using the above link and unfortunately no joy.
I can test the card in a different machine on Monday to check the card is fine, but I really think it is fine, especially after reading all the posts online with the same issue as me.

Any more suggestions to try before I cry and spend more money?

Associate
OP
If bios update doesn't work(hopefully will) do you know anyone nearby with a PC you could try card in?

I can try this on Monday.
Really dont want to buy a new mobo and CPU ! I can't afford it... ( but will afford some how if have to!=p)

Associate
OP
Upgraded BIOS to version 10. Still no luck :( No display using DVI or HDMI.
Managed to test it on another machine as well and it worked fine, so it has to be my motherboard.
Am I all out of luck and going to need to purchase a new mobo?
If yes.. any recommondations for a m-atx board? Was thinking ASUS ?

Associate
OP
Depends on what you can find, they will be 2nd hand now.

Try and get something on a Z77 chipset as that was the latest for that time.

I will be buying a new I5 as well, so will be looking at the new motherboard to support socket 1150

Back
Top Bottom