investing low five figure sum for approx one year

Associate
How would you do it? The money could be tied up for the duration but would need to access it at the end of the term.

Appetite for risk is zero if that helps so don't want to put it in shares or anything.

Thanks!

Caporegime
find the best interests rates on various savings/current accounts... doesn't have to be an ISA as a good rate + tax on the interest could easily be better

Santander 123 might be an option for 20K of it... find some other accounts for the rest

Associate
OP
My ISA is 1.5% I believe so a Santander 123 account does seem to be a better option even allowing for tax. The amount I'm talking about is under £20k.

Just unsure about the direct debit requirement with the Santander account. I really don't have many direct debits...

Caporegime
water direct debit
phone/broadband direct debit
credit card direct debit (rinse your normal purchases on a cc)

not hard to get some direct debits set up you can do them online via most companies websites

Associate
If you set up a paypal account to fund from your Santander account it's an easy direct debit. You don't actually have to use it and can still have a direct debit with another account.

Caporegime
remember next year the conservatives are bringing in a £500 tax free allowance on interest too.

i need to set up a 123 account.

Back
Top Bottom