Business name

Soldato
What's your target audience?

If you're concentrating on new industry: IT and e-commerce, then going for something "quirky" might work. If you're aiming for more traditional corporates, then try to keep it professional.

Personally I'd say go professional, and not anything nerdy, regardless. My company owns a professional graphic design company, who do work for big corporates - they have an ordinary professional name (though started out in the 80s with something a bit more mystical - that got ditched because it's naff as ****).

You could just use your firstname, lastname initials followed by "Design".

Or one whole acronym. JBD (Joe Bloggs Design). Does what it says on the tin.

Soldato
OP
Holy Moly. Frankly I completely and utterly forgot I made this thread. Memory of a fish it seems. Think I was on the way out somewhere.
It did make me laugh reading the replies, not a great deal of help but none the less, comical.

To those interested in helping, the business is marketed to a wide range of users but all will be small/medium business and freelancers. I.e wedding photographers, small marketing companies, studios, amateurs, small businesses. (it's a graphic design, retouching and photomanipulation website)

If it makes a difference initials are DB, however I was trying to avoid any affiliation to my name as a whole as I would prefer to market it under the pretence than it's a broader company than just me on my own.

Last edited:
Soldato
Holy Moly. Frankly I completely and utterly forgot I made this thread. Memory of a fish it seems. Think I was on the way out somewhere.
It did make me laugh reading the replies, not a great deal of help but none the less, comical.

To those interested in helping, the business is marketed to a wide range of users but all will be small/medium business and freelancers. I.e wedding photographers, small marketing companies, studios, amateurs, small businesses. (it's a graphic design, retouching and photomanipulation website)

If it makes a difference initials are DB, however I was trying to avoid any affiliation to my name as a whole as I would prefer to market it under the pretence than it's a broader company than just me on my own.

I wouldn't worry about using your own name/initials making you seem small - you're at more risk of seeming small-time by getting your "aspirational" name a bit wrong (some of the IT consultants' company names I've seen....). Some of the biggest companies in the world have their founder's name in them - as do many of the UK's biggest design outfits.

Your portfolio is more important than your name.

Soldato
Bearing in mind your target audience, product range, business aims, etc, you need to get it right.

You are providing a high quality service, to others who will expect such. Important when naming. They will know the industry and want you to do well, else it's a risk to their business as well.

Like said before, quirky or odd probably isn't best. Go for something clean and professional. Simple, short, to the point. But yet, something that stands out to a prospective customer.

With all this in mind, I'd go for

chronicdiarrhoea

Back
Top Bottom