Remote Dekstop (Lock screen)

Soldato
Right, so I have a media PC connected to my TV that hosts my media, runs xbmc some server stuff and my CCTV stuff on.

Every now and again I need to remote into the PC, the lock screen comes on while connected (The screen when you click log-off).

Now when I disconnect from remote desktop I am still on the lock screen and have to go grab a keyboard to connect so I can log back in and reset xbmc as the current window.

I dont think you can disable the lock screen being on, but can you have it auto log back in or something?

Running Windows 8.1

Associate
Use Teamviewer or Logmein. Both will connect with the actual screen and not a Remote Desktop session, and can be configured to not need login/unlock etc.

Or save your Remote Desktop settings to a file with your login details saved in it.

Soldato
OP
Cheers will give the login details saved a try :)

Tried Teamviewer before but found it very slow. And this will only be used over LAN and even on lan any 3rd party apps I tried just seemd laggy.

Soldato
You could use the old dll change that allows concurrent RDP sessions on windows 8.1. I don't want to link to it as it may be against T&Cs on here but just google "rdp windows 8.1 concurrent connections".

Associate
VNC is your friend here.

I found xbmc doesn't like running in fullscreen with RDP so i have to use vnc to get in, also when using steam it will say the remote PC is locked sometimes.

TightVNC is free and a good work around these issues.

Or the above, either work fine

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Cheers will give the login details saved a try :)

Tried Teamviewer before but found it very slow. And this will only be used over LAN and even on lan any 3rd party apps I tried just seemd laggy.

TeamViewer has an option in the options somewhere to allow LAN connections. Enable this then enter your other computer's IP address into the TeamViewer connect dialog :).

Don
You could use the old dll change that allows concurrent RDP sessions on windows 8.1. I don't want to link to it as it may be against T&Cs on here but just google "rdp windows 8.1 concurrent connections".

This is the answer.

Or buy a Synology and let that be your media server and cctv

Back
Top Bottom