• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Multi screen games, GFX cards and Cpu's

Associate
I have a R9 285 and a I5-2500k running at 4.2.

Will the CPU be slowing the frame rate available, or does the GFX card carry enough "oomph" on its own?
[stupidly gave son I7-950 machine a few years ago....]

I know this is a bit open ended, but the power in GFX cards is much more than it was, so I have no idea at what point cpu bottleknecking happens......

Associate
That combo is massively limited by the GPU, not the CPU. Basically any desktop Intel CPU from SandyBridge up with 4 or more cores feeds any commercially available GPU as much as they can crunch and then some; this is particularly true for "multi screen" / high resolution, as in those scenarios you are always bound to be GPU-bound.

On the contrary to what you implied, GPU tech is lagging behind rather severely.

Back
Top Bottom