Poll: *** Google Nexus 6 ***

Which colour & memory size are you going to get?

• White - 32GB

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Blue - 32GB

Votes: 77 36.3%
  • White - 64GB

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Blue - 64GB

Votes: 66 31.1%

• Total voters
Soldato
Motorola say it should be £110-£120 to fix! Sounds good to me!

Luckily, I've just been leant a Galaxy S6 to review, so good timing for the Nexus 6 to go back.

O/T - Have to be honest, impressed with the S6. Thought I would struggle with it being so small, but it's quite an impressive device.

Soldato
Couple of questions.

1. Whats the easiest way to update my nexus to 5.1. My phone has been encrypted and rooted. I have the OTA update sitting on the phone and I don't want to wipe my phone really as there a bit of data stored on.

2. I have spotify and use it with my car all the time. When I put my phone to sleep with spotify playing a song in the background and wake it up from sleep (one button push of the power button) it comes up with some album art. I want that stage of sleep to be kept on . Is there an app with light on or something?

3. I'm getting a few marketing calls and dont answer numbers I'm not expecting. I google the numbers and often find they are marketing calls. Is there a quick and simple app that integrates with the phone call app that I can block incoming calls? I have downloaded several apps, and they leave a large footprint i.e. app icon showing on the top of the notification.

Soldato
I updated to 5.1.1 Chroma the other day, has nothing but 'google play services has stopped' every few hours, and the message then comes up constantly until I go into apps and clear the data and cache for it then reboot, highly annoying! Looks like I may need to to another re-install. :(

Associate
Just a heads up, I thought I'd try putting Xposed back on to my phone (Android 5.1) and I'm happy to say it is working fine.

I used this version for ARM devices -

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/super-alpha-posted-permission-xposed-t3072979

Currently working for me:

Amplify
Gravitybox
Greenify
Root Cloak
Snap Prefs
Youtube Adaway
Youtube Background Playback

Other working & non-working modules -

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/discussion-xposed-modules-5-1-lolipop-t3075257

Soldato
One thing I have noticed is that the Nexus 6 gets a decent signal on 4G where my old S3 would struggle. I was at a wedding last night and I had a good 4G signal whereas my mate on the same network but om a Note 4 had next to no Internet, patchy at best.

On an altogether different note, I have under volted my CPU by - 50mV on all states. So far it's been stable over 2 days.

Back
Top Bottom