Silver car... What colour alloys?

Soldato
I went with black on my old car as the original gold looked truly horrible and i don't think silver suits a silver car personally http://i.imgur.com/MglhA7H.jpg

I've just got another older subaru which is also silver but i really can't decide myself what colour to go with this time, i'm leaning towards blue but mine will mostly be a track ****

5740496207_425255bea9_b.jpg

Soldato
Silver, anthracite at a stretch. The problem with having "trendy coloured" alloys is that within a few months they aren't trendy at all, and just look dated. Black are horrible, you'll never be able to make your mind up if they are clean again.

I'd say that's part of the benefit, a matte /satin dark grey (not gloss, high metallic or black!) is smart and understated.

Also, wheels covered in brake dust? What brake dust!?

Avoid black, high gloss piano black to me just says 'check out mah rimz brah'.

That said, the car in iron mans sig is one of the few occasions you can pull off black wheels.

Last edited:
Soldato
I used to really like black alloys on certain cars but the Barry boy Corsa crew's have spoilt that now with what seems like every 1.0 Corsa u see on the road having factory black rims with the VXR bodykit looking like a right beast with its 85bhp.
I think certain hot hatches suit black alloys and they seem to set a silver or grey car off more than standard.

Soldato
In all fairness you can't call the Fez a crappy car when you've posted a scoob with Kermit styled brake calipers :D

There's a nice way of saying things and a nasty way.

I think on silver, silver wheels can look boring, but anything else can easily just look like "dirty wheels" as pointed out. It's a tricky one and depends on the car and current wheel style.

Man of Honour
The guy who bought my RS4 refurnished the wheels graphite and it looked awful, so much so 2 weeks later he made them original again! Silver with Black rarely works in my opinion.

Associate
Dunno, I just bought black wheels for a blue impreza to replace silver ones. I do like silver on silver though. As long as the car is kept clean, it's all shiny shiny.

Qpgj6gZ.jpg

Soldato
In all fairness you can't call the Fez a crappy car when you've posted a scoob with Kermit styled brake calipers :D

There's a nice way of saying things and a nasty way.

I think on silver, silver wheels can look boring, but anything else can easily just look like "dirty wheels" as pointed out. It's a tricky one and depends on the car and current wheel style.

I understand, reading it back it does seem a bit mean I apologise.

What I meant was that doing such things to a Fiesta is a bit of a waste, I do think it is a crappy car but I think about most cars.

You can't call a Scooby crappy though as it's actually a very good car, especially with what mine has underneath.

Soldato
I understand, reading it back it does seem a bit mean I apologise.

What I meant was that doing such things to a Fiesta is a bit of a waste, I do think it is a crappy car but I think about most cars.

You can't call a Scooby crappy though as it's actually a very good car, especially with what mine has underneath.

Why is it a waste on the Fiesta but not on your Bentley? I'd argue that yours looks worse for it.

Back
Top Bottom