**** Sony Xperia Z3 ****

Associate
Went to Vodaphone today and bought the Z3 copper

£300 is a bargain love it once i get my number across on wednesday.

Coming from the M7 with shocking battery life.

Soldato
Right, I've had this thing a few weeks ago, and in general, I love it.

BUT... why the **** does it take so long to charge. Whether I do it through the official dock or the MicroUSB port with the official charger and cable, it is a slug at charging. I even tried the 2A BB charger I've got that used to charge my N5, OPO and M8 up like a champ but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I would say this seems to take double the time of other phones I've had to charge. Is there an app that lets me see how many MaH it is receiving when it charges? A 2A charger should still charge a 3100 MaH battery in about 2 hours from flat. Mine takes more like 4 - 5 hours. The SD801 should support fast charging?! Hands down the most infuriating thing about mine, what are other peoples charging times like?

Mine is slow from a computer but from 2.1amp charger and incar it's full in 2hrs from flat.

Soldato
Stoosh! The G4 includes some new earphones. If you're not using them would you send them to me for a small fee perhaps? :)

Mate if I keep the G4 I'll use the headphones as they're really good but if the G4 goes back naturally the headphones will have to go back too.

You could try eBay aa my friend lost his headphones and bought a replacement pair from a seller in Korea

Soldato

Maybe you might last more than 7 days but why break a habit of a lifetime eh Dude? :p

No worries Mate I know what it feels like recuperating for a long period of time and by the sounds of things not a pleasant experience. Treat yourself and feel better for it! I know if I was in your position I would for sure! :D

Update Just took my own advice and bought a G4 to try out via Amazon ;)

I'd appreciate your opinion on that when it turns up too. Speaking of which, it must be time for another group therapy meeting soon?

Soldato
This is the first phone ive had that I can call perfect. Ive had it since december. I really want a new phone but there is nothing out there. Ill probably get he Z4 though.

Associate
So.... this charging issue I'm having. I've observed that the phone is pulling just over 500 mah when turned on, resulting in an increase of 1% every 4 minutes. This is regardless of the charger used (Sony v BB 2A) or whether or not I use the magnetic charger or USB.

I tried turning it off and charging for 30 minutes, and it went from 50% to 67%. So, over the same 4 minute period, it increases by approx 2.2%. That is double the speed. So, either its been restricted in software somehow, or something I have on it is preventing it from charging properly.....

Soldato
I'd appreciate your opinion on that when it turns up too. Speaking of which, it must be time for another group therapy meeting soon?

Will let you know Mate. Got an email that it's being delivered on Saturday as the supplier for Amazon has delayed the stock for some unknown reason.

I would've kept the Z3 as it ticks all the boxes and is the most complete smart phone I've owned in a long time, however constantly cleaning the internal memory ensuring it's over 3GB has got on my nerves. I don't even play that many games but for some reason the memory has been eaten up. :(

Definitely time for a group therapy meeting as all of us seem to be wavering bar Space Monkey who has regained control.

Think we should check in with the other members and see what's good in the coming weeks? ;)

Soldato
after a few days ownership, there's one thing that annoying me about this phone & Vodafone in particular. A 'text message' appears everytime from RCS communications prompting me for my phone no (never going to happen) a quick google reveals its something to do with Vodafone & messaging using software they bought into they want you to use (which could cost the user a fair of money) its part of an app called 'joyn'

Since I did all the updating to lollipop, there's no sign of this app on my phone & no way to disable said app or message. Only way to try to get rid of said message on startup is to flash the phone with the stock sony firmware to get rid of the Vodafone branding. I think that will void the warranty & I've not had much luck putting a custom rom on either of my two previous Sony phones.

Thoughts please?

Back
Top Bottom