***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
It's neither, it's painted white. I think there are only a black and a white version so far. I don't know why they've labelled it silver, even the pics are of the white one.

Associate
Yeah, same for me. Real pain to remove.

Best way I've found is to use needle nose tweezers to grip the base by the 2 air holes and twist the mid section, works ok for me most of the time. I think the problem is the with the mid section of the RBA being thin walled and easy to slightly warp while trying to unscrew it messing up the threads.

Soldato
Erm right okay, Accidently got a bit carrried away chain vaping in my room, left my room to go get a drink with my door open and managed to set off my smoke alarm. Anyone ever done this before?

Soldato
Erm right okay, Accidently got a bit carrried away chain vaping in my room, left my room to go get a drink with my door open and managed to set off my smoke alarm. Anyone ever done this before?

I have set our smoke alarm off about three times and only with Bombies. I can't remember if it was more than one different flavour but definitely only ever Bombies. Don't know if it's something in the juice or just that it's max VG.

I had no idea that it could set off a normal home smoke alarm (not an optical one) but there we go! It was super cloudy though.

Soldato
Afternoon all,

This is probably a common problem so apologies but suffering with juice leakage from the adjustable airhole no matter what I do. Had this problem with an Aspire Nautilus and now the same with a Lemo v2. I never overfill the tank so it's not that and everything is tight as far as I can tell. Any ideas?

Soldato
Leaking Juice, Flooding and Dry hits Solutions

All tanks leak from time to time, with experience mainly from using the tank or similar tanks.. this will be reduced.

Ensure all o-rings at in place correctly, it is worth wetting them on newer tanks, and/or moving the by unscrew and screwing a few times to so that they are rubbed and make a good seal.

With bottom fed tanks; where the coil is at the bottom. It is recommend that you keep the tank at least 1/4 filled so that the air pressure doesn't build up and pushes the juice down flooding the tank.

You can try releasing the pressure by unscrewing the tank, now and again. Turning the tank upside down so that the air is at the top of the tank on a bottom fed tank also release some of air pressure is the tank and help wicking on some tanks.

The drip tip and air control (if your tank has one) plays a major part in vaping, if your drip tip and air control is too small you may be sucking in more juice than the coil can handle.

Juice plays a role too, heavy VG juice may need less air to pull the juice in, while heavy PG juice which are more runny may need more air to stop flooding.

Make sure your vaping at a power that your tank can handle, too much and the coil/wick will burn up, too little and your tank will flood.

Prime new coils, it's a good habit to get into. This ensures that the coil is wicking correctly, prevents the wick and coil from being damaged and daff as it sounds, the juice will stop more juice from pouring in.

Don't go full pleated on a new coil, allow the coil and wick to brake in. This is meant to allow the coil/build to last longer.

Closing off the airflow and sucking a few times without firing will pull juice in and rewick the coil.

If your tank is flooded, open the air hole as wide as possible, cover with a tissue and blow down hard down the drip tip. The extra juice will be blown out.

Covering up the drip tip in with a tissue, then turning the tank upside and hard shake will make extra juice come out of the drip tip end.

On certain tanks that are put together at the top and bottom, but are bottom fed tanks. do not tighten up the top of the tank straight away. put the tank together as much as possible so that juice don't come out, fill the tank; normally from the bottom and pop the bottom on. Turn the tank the right way up, then tighten the bottom then top. This stops the pressure pushing the juice out, by allowing it to escape from the top.

If the tank is not being used for a while with juice in it, remove it from the mod, close off the air flow and keep it upside down on bottom fed tanks. This stops juice leaking from the bottom, messing up your mod and in case your mod auto-fires; stops your house from burning down.

I'm sure there's loads more hints and tips others have discovered and I know some of it is sucking eggs.. I don't follow some of them, cos I'm a rebel... lol

In general in any new tank, I only fill half of the tank with some cheap juice so that I don't waste juice or have to wait that long to change the build if needed. I went though loads of kantal, wicking material and a whole 10ml bottle of juice yesterday building a mini atty which was a right royal pain in the butt, it's worth buying cheap juice or having juice that ain't your thing around to play with.

Soldato
Tried some of the 100% vg I got from vampire vapes the other week, not for me. Not sure if it's just their mix or its just how 100% vg liquids taste but all 3 flavours have an absolutely rancid chalky/oily after taste. I'll stick to 70% :)

Ok so the IPV4, lived with it for near a week now. 100w device with temp control. For a £60 mod it feels very very cheap, it's entirely plastic, thin plastic at that, despite popular belief, the door cover is not magnetic, it uses 4 spring ball locks, though it holds the cover firmly. Brass spring loaded battery pins holds them in nice and tight.

Temp control, well, it works from what I can try without my own nickel wire for a dropper, as I can't remove cotton constructively on the ni200 occ coils to check for damage. But no fires :p

The devices biggest flaw, and its a big one mentioned by reviewers, the mirror plastic over the screen, it dulls the screen far too much, to the point it's impossible to use outside, you just can't see anything, big minus for someone like me that turns their mod off every time it go's in my pocket. It's not 5 clicks and off, its 5 clicks>menu>system off, so it's not like I can operate it blind either.

With mirror cover its a 3/10, restricts its use massively.
Without mirror cover that would be up to an 8/10, does what it says on the tin, with a cheap feel.

Edit: Sorry its not plastic, rather a very thin metal housing.

On a plus note, the 0.15 Ni200 OCC coils are brilliant, if I can get one to last more then 3 days (about my average on regular OCC .5 and 1.2 coils before they go black) on green crack I'll take to them 24/7.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yo guys, anyone know where I can get 100ml of nicotine cheap for around a tenner? VG based.

I do usually buy from blue-star my nicotine but the shipping is expensive, I only order from there if theres anything else im ordering at the same time for free shipping.

Cheers

Soldato
Well my iStick 50w died rather suddenly after only 5 weeks of ownership. I've ordered a smok m80 plus as I imagine replacement turnaround won't be that rapid, should arrive tomorrow as had it overnighted.

Think I will get a backup tank also as I'm already on the 2nd submini glass as the first just cracked of its own accord. :confused:

Associate
Wonder if anyone can help? I got an Aspire K1 tank with some BVC coils. Been working fine for a few days but now it's spitting liquid up the central tube. The tube itself is clear, it only happens when vaping. When you turn the battery on it pops and crackles. Any ideas what might be wrong? I've stripped it and cleaned it and still can't get it back to the way it was at the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom