Thoughts on Taylor Swift?

Caporegime
She seems a bit more switched on than Britney...

She's also hotter than Britney was

think she'll be fine

also, obligatory - OMG you posted a Daily Mail article, you evil hateful person! :mad:

Soldato
I'll kick off to save others the trouble: who is Taylor Swift? She must be a reality TV star or something. I have no time for such nonsense as my time is spent on far more intellectual pursuits.

edit. I've just googled her, just some singer who probably has less talent than me. She has sold millions of records but this does not make her talented.
I do not believe they ever mention her on Radio 4 so she must be a moron.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'll kick off to save others the trouble: who is Taylor Swift? She must be a reality TV star or something. I have no time for such nonsense as my time is spent on far more intellectual pursuits.

edit. I've just googled her, just some singer who probably has less talent than me.

:D

You missed the obligatory "nah, she's a munter, I can do better" etc etc.

Soldato
She's my guilty pleasure - actually quite enjoy her music, plus a she's a bit of a looker too :D

I think she's much better at playing the innocent type though, I don't think the raunchy/rough vibe works so well for her (e.g the rapping in 'shake it off' just doesn't work for me).

I'm not so sure about her trademarking phrases/actions around spotify etc, but then I haven't followed those storys at all closely so don't want to be too critical.

Caporegime
She is much more switched on than Britney. For one thing, she owns the rights to all her songs as she wrote all of them (or at least co-wrote).

She also has a big share of her own record company.

She has released an album every 2 years for the past 10 years and did a world tour on 4 of them. Many times playing in stadiums the size of Wembley and selling out, making a lot of money in the process.

She has some stupid record like youngest ever Grammy winner (18), youngest ever to be inducted to the CMA Hall of Fame, her Wiki page make some scary viewing on stats alone and she's only 25.

I find the people that tend to write her off as another Britney is judging the book by its cover, and this isn't the first time I've seen this. I start listening to her music back in 2009 and some people have said her 15 minutes of fame will be over soon.

We are in 2015 and she is the biggest star in the world arguably. I've said before back then let's see who's still be around in 10 years' time. I guess we can do that again. I won't be betting against her though.

Last edited:
Soldato

edit. I've just googled her, just some singer who probably has less talent than me. She has sold millions of records but this does not make her talented.
I do not believe they ever mention her on Radio 4 so she must be a moron.

Actually contorary to the usual pop princess, she made most of her money from country music (or so I'm told) which meant I suppose she had to have some talent before pandering to the teen masses. Also I think she was hotter back then too.
I9Pupx0l.jpg.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom