****The Nintendo 3DS Thread****

Soldato
Loving Xenoblade, resisting side-quests in favour of just exploring, my word lots of battle practice needed - I've no idea what I'm doing yet :p

Kind of stopped exploring for a bit, wander off a path and lvl 80 mobs come after you! (I'm only lvl 20, not far into the game)

Man of Honour
Looking to pick up a handheld ahead of my summer holiday, as much as I like my tablet I feel gaming needs "proper" controls!

I took my old DS away to Prague with me in Feb and the bug bit me again, what is the latest/greatest model these days?

Associate
The "New 3DS" is a rubbish but descriptive term. Should be arounf £120 for the standard size and another £20 or so for the XL version. It's much larger, slightly longer battery life, and less dpi: if you have decent eyesight you'll see it.

These play all DS games, all 3DS games, and also 3DS games that only work with the "New 3DS" (at the moment Xenoblade Chronicles only).

Soldato
I'm on holiday in Devon this week - took my n3dsxl - a god-send, been playing Fire Emblem and Xenoblade at night while the family watch some garbage on tv.

Soldato
Off to Egypt for 2 weeks, will be hammering this in the evenings for sure. I only just got to the beginning but got side tracked with the side quests and thus not very far.

Soldato
I've just finished the mine (great battle with the hungry cockney tin can) and I'm on the (excuse the spelling) Sartorl Marshlands.

I've picked the odd silly fight along my way just to see how tough they can be - I have the odd "hmm, I wonder if I can take down a level 40 animal" moment. The answer comes pretty quick. :p

Associate
Those of you that have the New 3DS XL, what is the C stick like? Is it usable or does it take some breaking in, just wondering if the movement is a fluid as the 3DS Pad Pro's?

Still looking at a new 3DS for XenoBlade but currently playing Monster Hunter 4 on the older 3DS XL with the Pad Pro atm.

Man of Honour
Those of you that have the New 3DS XL, what is the C stick like? Is it usable or does it take some breaking in, just wondering if the movement is a fluid as the 3DS Pad Pro's?

Still looking at a new 3DS for XenoBlade but currently playing Monster Hunter 4 on the older 3DS XL with the Pad Pro atm.

It's nothing like the Pad Pro, it's exactly like the nipples on IBM laptops.

It works very well.

Soldato

It's not a moving part - it's a sensor really - works very well indeed.

MH4 looks better on the n3ds too - bumped up texture quality.

Back
Top Bottom