**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

Soldato
Lollipop has hammered my battery life. Can't believe how fast it goes down now. Seems to me at least around 40-50% shorter :(. Text previews and notifications seem to get lost more now. Not really sure what it adds that makes it an upgrade tbh, at least for my use.

Associate
A factory reset worked on mine...for about two days. Then it went back to fast battery consumption and being more or less constantly awake.

This is getting quite frustrating now. Anyone have any ideas or should I just send it back to the retailer / Samsung for a replacement?

Soldato
I had a wakelock, and even taking out the battery didnt work, but what I did was let the phone run down to 0% (playing youtube), then took the battery out for 5 mins, then charged to 100% while still off. Wakelock gone. Basic but might work...

Soldato
Has anyone had an issue of their screen lifting up out of the casing?

Mine is lifting so much that I can get my nail underneath and lift it more. I noticed it when I was trying to clean what I though was gunk around the edge of the screen but found out it was the glue from underneath.

Phone is still in warranty so will contact Samsung via three again. 2nd time it will have to go back now.

Never had this with my iPhone :p

Will put pics up when I get home.

Associate
Looks like there is a production fault with some of the galaxy note 4, but i've not had any problem like it with my note 4.
Yes best get it sent back for repair or better still a new one, where did you buy the note 4?

Soldato
bought it from Three store in Wigan. Will ring them tomorrow. When i rang about it not powering on last month they put me through to Samsung support for Three.

Heres the bottom as normal

phone1.jpg

Then top

phone2.jpg

Have not dropped the phone or sat on it or anything and there is no damage anywhere and it doesn't look bent

Associate
bought it from Three store in Wigan. Will ring them tomorrow. When i rang about it not powering on last month they put me through to Samsung support for Three.

Heres the bottom as normal

phone1.jpg

Then top

phone2.jpg

Have not dropped the phone or sat on it or anything and there is no damage anywhere and it doesn't look bent

It looks like it come away from the midframe if it is that it actually an very easy fix, take back off take battery and micro sd card out undo all of the 16 screws, then press slightly at the top until it pops back in replace screws, see if that works before sending it back.

Associate
Have been having some serious weirdness with my N4 recently...well after I tried to flash a new ROM on it.

Managed to get a recovery image on via ODIN, yet when I tried to install the ROM (Cyanogen 12.1) was told that install from SD card is not enabled....gave up in teh end as had to use phone and did not have time to keep plugging away.

The weirdness now is that when apps try and update via playstore, they freeze and do not download. At present have 'Beaming Service for Samsung' just sat on installing and doing nothing.

I really want to get rid of the bloatware that comes with this as do not use 90% of it.

Is there a definitive (and easy to follow) guide on how to get CM12.1 onto my N4? Have already tripped Knox, so no worries there. Realise that I will loose the use of the S-Pen in doing this, but is small price to pay.

Current plan id to download an official ROM and then put that on with ODIN to see if it clears the issues I am having with updates.

Associate
Isn't there a link and guide to a deoxed slim downed TW ROM on the page before? Might be worth a try.

Looks good...however feel I may be still stuck with my 'not able to install from SD card' issue. Is this a locked bootloader or something else?

Just tried to get into recovery mode using vol up+home+power and ended up with a 'Downloading - Do not turn off target' that you normally get with the vol down+home+power. Text at top says -

Could not do Normal boot
ODIN mode (High Speed)
Product Name: SM-N910F
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Custom
Reactivation Lock: Off
KNOX warranty void: 0x1(4)
Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable (CSB)
RP SWREV: S1, T1, R1, A1, P1
Secure Download: Enable
UDC start....

Have I managed to do something wrong when flashing the recovery?

Is it best to do what I was planning and go back to stcok ROM and start the whole root, unlock and install of recovery again?

Back
Top Bottom