**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
What are your thoughts on this so far? I'm currently using my S5 which is battered so looking to get a cheaper phone to last me till early next year until my contract is up and the Zenfone 2 caught my attention.

The phone is good so far, loading apps/map+gps/webpage fast and pick up wifi/mobile signal quickly.

Sound quality is average compare to my old phone M7.

The big draw back is the low screen brightness, not very good under the sun even at max.

Soldato
OP
My cheapy Imak Air II transparent case arrived today. Fits really well, looks nice and hopefully won't be too scratch prone. Good protection on side and corners and raises the screen ~1mm off any surface that you put it face-down on. Top and bottom protection is a little lacking however (corners only).

Soldato
Worth a pop chap. Especially at the price they go for. Just be warned.. The elephone phones have large black bezels/borders on their devices. Check a few youtube vids before committing :p

Soldato
OP
I want to order the Elephone P7000 from GearBest. http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_147582.html

What is shipping like to the UK? I'm reading they send it via the Netherlands, so there is no customs charge?

thanks.

I ordered my K3 Note from them, using PostNL(sf). Took 2 weeks with decent tracking once it had left China. I didn't have to pay any customs charges although no guarantees I guess.

Soldato
OK, looking good so far... rooted, most of the crap removed, 45k in antutu and standing in the driveway GPS Status is getting a fix in a couple of seconds, 9/10 sats and accuracy of 2-16m (average about 6), for comparison my Xperia T takes about 4 seconds for a fix, 11/21 sats and accuracy of 3-12m (average 4-6). Haven't tried to nav anywhere yet though...

My T already seems comically small, haha.

Now just to hope for some CM loving.

Downsides so far... the main buttons don't light up (come on!) and I'd much rather a 'recents' button than a settings one, although long-press on the home button brings up the recent apps list.

Can you trust me the steps you went through to root and which apps removed please? I'm considering this phone but have read the software contains virus/spyware :confused:

Many thanks

Soldato
OP
Can you trust me the steps you went through to root and which apps removed please? I'm considering this phone but have read the software contains virus/spyware :confused:

Many thanks

It was pretty straight forward, although I wasn't terribly organised in the way I went about it.

Root guide here - http://gadgetunlocker.com/how-to-root-lenovo-k3-note-k50-t5/

Then installed ESET anti virus and Jumobile system app remover and uninstalled anything that ESET flagged after doing a full scan, and anything else that looked like bloatware and basically anything that had Chinese characters in the name. Then installed a new launcher, dialer, etc etc but those are obviously personal choice.

There are still one or two system apps that I'm not 100 percent sure what they do, but ESET isn't finding anything to complain about and I'll look at them more closely when I can be bothered.

Last edited:
Soldato
It was pretty straight forward, although I wasn't terribly organised in the way I went about it.

Root guide here - http://gadgetunlocker.com/how-to-root-lenovo-k3-note-k50-t5/

Then installed ESET anti virus and Jumobile system app remover and uninstalled anything that ESET flagged after doing a full scan, and anything else that looked like bloatware and basically anything that had Chinese characters in the name. Then installed a new launcher, dialer, etc etc but those are obviously personal choice.

There are still one or two system apps that I'm not 100 percent sure what they do, but ESET isn't finding anything to complain about and I'll look at them more closely when I can be bothered.

Thank you - that's brilliant. At least this will be a start for me. Am almost certain to get this device as it seems like excellent tech for the money.

Soldato
Took eleven days to get here but it's finally here.

Not a bad piece of kit at all. The screen is fantastic. The build quality isn't bad either! Wireless and 3g / 4g work great. Not too sure how the battery will last as I haven't had chance to test it properly yet. Overall so far impressed!

YybdiPMl.jpg

http://imgur.com/YybdiPM.jpg

Associate
Ugh, I ordered a Moto G on Tuesday (still hasn't arrived) for £95 and then I see this thread. I regret my purchase, even though I haven't even tried it yet!

Caporegime
Took eleven days to get here but it's finally here.

Not a bad piece of kit at all. The screen is fantastic. The build quality isn't bad either! Wireless and 3g / 4g work great. Not too sure how the battery will last as I haven't had chance to test it properly yet. Overall so far impressed!
looks good,whats you think of the camera? I think its actually 13mp but they claim 16mp

Soldato
It's okay! It's nothing special but it does the job! :p I can't believe how good the screen is for the price. Very crisp. And good colors. No Chinese apps or anything on it either. Just gonna run antutu. See how it goes.

Antutu reckons it's a 16mp

Last edited:

dun

dun

Soldato
It's okay! It's nothing special but it does the job! :p I can't believe how good the screen is for the price. Very crisp. And good colors. No Chinese apps or anything on it either. Just gonna run antutu. See how it goes.

Antutu reckons it's a 16mp

Looks good mate. Give us a bit more in depth review when you get chance :)

Back
Top Bottom