Witcher 3

Soldato
Just loving this game, ive been taking my royal time with it, exploring every corner of the starting area (White Orchard), only sitting at about level 3 now but been having a great time.

Ive just got through to start in the 2nd area now and first thing i did was open up the map, wow is all i can say, this is gonna take some time to clear :D

So glad i went for it on PS4 in the end, needed another reason to use the thing and this will easily keep me occupied till the "next big thing" GOTY contender for sure

Have you come across anything in the next area yet in Velen ? When I first arrived at level 4 I got my ass handed to me haha level 8 now though so doing pretty well :)

Soldato
Have you come across anything in the next area yet in Velen ? When I first arrived at level 4 I got my ass handed to me haha level 8 now though so doing pretty well :)

well i started exploring avoiding the story quests and found im running into level 10 or 11 mobs so ive started progressing the chain a bit.

Start of 2nd area is certainly a bit bleak :)

Soldato
well i started exploring avoiding the story quests and found im running into level 10 or 11 mobs so ive started progressing the chain a bit.

Start of 2nd area is certainly a bit bleak :)

Yeah that's exactly what I've done just progress the main story a bit first and build up , I picked up a quest of a notice board and it's suggested level is 33 :( haha

Soldato
Just to confirm the xp bug hasn't affected me and I've now patched up to 1.04. Have been doing the Barron storyline at level 6 and xp was given as normal.

Must say I'm enjoying the game a lot more now I'm tackling the missions rather than just randomly exploring the map. The peasants with one lines don't seem as bad now I'm not trying to talk to everyone one of them lol. Could well be the best RPG in a long time, will have to see how it all plays out. Certainly a game you have to invest a good few hours on to start appreciating the mechanics.

Edit; could the third game in my sig finally be replaced!? ;)

Soldato
Just had a proper laugh out loud moment, i honestly didnt expect this movie reference in the game :)

Doing the barons quest chain investigating around his home for clues to his wife and daughters whereabouts. Walking past 2 random guards and hear the following conversation.

"Bring out the gimp"
"but the gimps asleep"
"Well i guess your just gonna have to wake him up then"

Absolutely lovin this game :)

Soldato
It's getting better and better for me :)

Try playing without the mini map - it makes the exploration side of things a whole lot more immersive. Having to pay attention to which road you're on on and where the sun is etc. I was blindly following the map markers before and never really got a sense of the world or where stuff is in relation to each other. Now I'm climbing hills to get a better vantage point and paying much more attention to what's near by, which makes discovering things that much more rewarding.

Associate
For the werewolf
I used AXII sign to interrupt his casting of the regen spell

I think at around 50% HP he will run away and cast the spell, so keep your stamina charged then watch for him retreating and use AXII right away

Soldato

Try playing without the mini map - it makes the exploration side of things a whole lot more immersive. Having to pay attention to which road you're on on and where the sun is etc. I was blindly following the map markers before and never really got a sense of the world or where stuff is in relation to each other. Now I'm climbing hills to get a better vantage point and paying much more attention to what's near by, which makes discovering things that much more rewarding.

I considered doing this for my second playthrough. I noticed the Radar was too useful during combat for picking up enemy loot rather than using Witcher senses etc.

Soldato
Just got this digital using some CDKey codes, been away so not been following this thread, is there any tips I should know before I start, never played this series before but it sounds like a great game going by the reviews. :)

Associate
Is it not possible to walk from the starting to lets say one of the bigger cities? you have to fast travel?

Invisible walls that throw you back onto the allowed area if you keep walking too far. I've only really noticed it in the first area, the other areas are sooo much bigger it's not an issue. Once you leave the first area you could walk to the main cities, as long as they are on the same 'map'.

Soldato

Wow, just trying this now, definitly agree!

Just remebering places and turns to make and what turn to take next! :D

I spent 20mins trying to get out of Novigard, worth it :)

Soldato
Gwent is taking far too much of my time and money. I have played so many games and only ever won 1 (after 4 attempts).

How are you guys for food etc? I'm on the caves part with the golems and seem to be flying through food. Now im struggling along really slow and cautious because i have nothing to eat. Playing on Blood & Bone so can't meditate. Wish you could port back home and restock then come back :D

I missed the first innkeeper too. Hoping they patch this so i can purchase the cards off her. Might as well cancel the win everybody quest now?

Back
Top Bottom