***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Ok after losing my mvp 2.0 and aspire nautilus I reckon I'm going to plunge into RBA's.

Before I go order an eleaf istick 50w with lemo 2, tell my why I shouldn't and should consider something else instead? (I CBA with a dripper though).

I also need a decent rebuilding starter kit, anyone recommend which and where?

It's vendors day today (last Sunday of each month), where vendors spam the hell out of FB vaping groups with discounts and special offers..

http://www.bofv.co.uk/index.php?/topic/2248-vendors-day-31st-may-2015/

You could grab a bargain.. But to me it's just people trying to sell off their home made juices..

EDIT:
http://www.evolutionvaping.co.uk/index.php/coil-master-diy-kit.html use "ukvt15" as the code for 15% off..

Last edited:
Soldato
Will have a look through that later, in need of more juice. Again.

Just ordered a bell cap for a subtank mini (add this to my old airflow base and I have a spare subtank for cheap :D). A pair of 2puffs drip tips and more batteries.

Any good subox reviews out yet? Had my finger hovering over the ipv mini 2 70w but resisting depending how the subox turns out.

Also, I know a few of you are running the sx mini m class, what joule setting are you using on the .15 occ nickel coils? If my maths is correct (or rather steamboxs') I've been smashing about 70w or so with the ipv4 :eek:

But I don't know how accurate that is, as aren't joules power over time rather then direct power?

Soldato
Will have a look through that later, in need of more juice. Again.

Just ordered a bell cap for a subtank mini (add this to my old airflow base and I have a spare subtank for cheap :D). A pair of 2puffs drip tips and more batteries.

Any good subox reviews out yet? Had my finger hovering over the ipv mini 2 70w but resisting depending how the subox turns out.

Also, I know a few of you are running the sx mini m class, what joule setting are you using on the .15 occ nickel coils? If my maths is correct (or rather steamboxs') I've been smashing about 70w or so with the ipv4 :eek:

But I don't know how accurate that is, as aren't joules power over time rather then direct power?

There's a few reviews on YouTube, the paint work is the main issue but that's is in a preproduction review.

Joules is the correct unit to call it as it runs in pwm rather than direct dc.. Just treat it as you would a 1.5ohm kanthal coil... The power settings don't really matter as it just gets you to the temperature faster and will throttle down. I tend to vape around 20w/j on nickel.

The evic vt is the one to have a look at... 60w, temp control and 5000mah battery! For 72 pounds with a tank and coils, thou the mod only supports 30w+ in temperature control mode.. :confused:

Soldato
It's vendors day today (last Sunday of each month), where vendors spam the hell out of FB vaping groups with discounts and special offers..

http://www.bofv.co.uk/index.php?/topic/2248-vendors-day-31st-may-2015/

You could grab a bargain.. But to me it's just people trying to sell off their home made juices..

EDIT:
http://www.evolutionvaping.co.uk/index.php/coil-master-diy-kit.html use "ukvt15" as the code for 15% off..

Managed to find someone selling the istick 50w for £29 delivered!

Also ordered from vapeninja a Kanger subtank mini and a Lemo2 for £42 delivered with the 15% discount today.

Now I just need Kanthal and some juices. I quite like the red astaire, probably the heisenberg and perhaps a custard too. I dont think Im bothering with the tool kit. It seems unnecessary considering I have nail clippers, drill bits, etc.

Soldato
having been away from this for a while a just getting by with some horrendous vaping equipment I dropped in to a vape shop local to me the other day for a look around.

I left with this.

DSC00236_zpstcixoncb.jpg

DSC00234_zpsougfetrm.jpg

some 26awg a1 and nakamichi Japanese cotton.

I should have really predicted how it would end up playing out but I'm very pleased with it, I have never used a dripper but I am kind of sad about that now as the flavour is immense and the vape is just so juicy.
The subtank initially was a little bit of a let down, I stuck in the 0.5ohm occ head first and besides it reading 0.7ohm anything above 18w tasted burnt and dry.
I whipped the head out and knocked up a single .7 ohm coil on the rebuildable deck and it came alive! so so much better, im very impressed with the quality and vape for the price.

Associate
Hey all

Squape R(S) tank section & B deck purchased this afternoon along with some Cotton Bacon :)

Once it gets here I will post my thoughts, hopefully it should give my original Squape R a new lease of life.

Thinking about going temperature controlled too any thoughts?

Cheers all

Soldato
Hey all

Squape R(S) tank section & B deck purchased this afternoon along with some Cotton Bacon :)

Once it gets here I will post my thoughts, hopefully it should give my original Squape R a new lease of life.

Thinking about going temperature controlled too any thoughts?

Cheers all

Hey matey long time no see, you must have finished that video game now.. Lol
I'm tempted to get the Sqaupe r kit with some decks; B, W and D too.. But also want a long shaft for the bellcap too, it will have to wait till next month now.

TC works depending on your setup and the way you vape, for me the YiHi is much better than the DNA at it, but I've not got a gold DNA 40 yet. I should be getting joyetech/eleaf temperature control mod in the next few days, hence why the Sqaupe is on the wish list.

Associate
Hey matey long time no see, you must have finished that video game now.. Lol
I'm tempted to get the Sqaupe r kit with some decks; B, W and D too.. But also want a long shaft for the bellcap too, it will have to wait till next month now.

TC works depending on your setup and the way you vape, for me the YiHi is much better than the DNA at it, but I've not got a gold DNA 40 yet. I should be getting joyetech/eleaf temperature control mod in the next few days, hence why the Sqaupe is on the wish list.

Still playing the game & been playing around with an Apple watch too :)

Started a better new job as well so I cant spend all day on the internet ;)

Already got the original Sx Mini so not too keen on shelling out another £169 on a mod, but the Sigelei 75w Temperature control mod has caught my eye at the £50 mark, will wait until the reviews come in for it.

But for me the Squape bits are an essential purchase, already got the small tank for my original, but the increased capacity & window on the R(S) tank has sold it to me :)

Cheers all

Soldato
Talking to someone I know and no doubt it'll become more public soon enough but for now let's just say it's a good idea to avoid five pawns juices.

Soldato
There's excentricity and then there's selling 'premium' stuff that was either untested, poorly tested, fix tested or well tested and the results ignored.

Soldato
There's a few reviews on YouTube, the paint work is the main issue but that's is in a preproduction review.

Joules is the correct unit to call it as it runs in pwm rather than direct dc.. Just treat it as you would a 1.5ohm kanthal coil... The power settings don't really matter as it just gets you to the temperature faster and will throttle down. I tend to vape around 20w/j on nickel.

The evic vt is the one to have a look at... 60w, temp control and 5000mah battery! For 72 pounds with a tank and coils, thou the mod only supports 30w+ in temperature control mode.. :confused:

Cheers, found the vapor trails video quite informative, I do like aspects of the Subox kit, but I don't think I could justify buying all of it, I like the new OCC coils and RBA, already have the new airflow base, the rest doesn't really interest me, though a great value starter kit.

Ah pwm explains the kind of pulsing noise I was getting at 40 joules then :p I actually ended up settling with 20 joules after figuring out the peak voltage at that worked out around 45w, the coils are indestructible, had one on green crack for a week and it still looks brand new, regular OCC coils would have gone black long before now.

I will be keeping an eye on the evic VT, looks an all round nice bit of kit, I'm quite sold with temp control, gives me a lot more confidence chain vaping at home :)

Oh, while I remember too, I found my doge X RDA clone (FT, suspect poor pole resistance) earlier and tried it on the IPV4 out of interest, as soon as I screwed it on it fired up the 'SHORT' warning, something the istick didn't do, that let me fire until it killed the power.

Soldato
Ok after losing my mvp 2.0 and aspire nautilus I reckon I'm going to plunge into RBA's.

Before I go order an eleaf istick 50w with lemo 2, tell my why I shouldn't and should consider something else instead? (I CBA with a dripper though).

I also need a decent rebuilding starter kit, anyone recommend which and where?

my iStick 50w lasted 5 weeks, from the onset the button was very unresponsive and so had to press it harder than seemed reasonable, it just died with out warning, so I ordered a smok xpro m80 plus as a replacement, it feels a much better made device and the button is super responsive, the istick feels cheap in comparison.

Soldato
Talking to someone I know and no doubt it'll become more public soon enough but for now let's just say it's a good idea to avoid five pawns juices.

Why don't you just say what you know here now? I mean, why so secretive? :confused:

my iStick 50w lasted 5 weeks, from the onset the button was very unresponsive and so had to press it harder than seemed reasonable, it just died with out warning, so I ordered a smok xpro m80 plus as a replacement, it feels a much better made device and the button is super responsive, the istick feels cheap in comparison.

Already ordered the istick, at £29 I couldn't resist. Hopefully you just had a dodgy one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Already ordered the istick, at £29 I couldn't resist. Hopefully you just had a dodgy one.

Seems quite a few had similiar issues going by google search results, feels like the tactile switch is of a low quality and given that you have to thrash it 5 times to power on/off not ideal.

I've now learned you need a back up vape device so ordered a black kanger mini subox starter kit as it's faily compact for when out the house the m80 is huge to lug around.

Soldato
Why don't you just say what you know here now? I mean, why so secretive? :confused:
because someone told me in trust why they'd pulled the stock from their shelves, diacetyl.

To report too much will make it obvious as to whom. Currently you'd just have to take my word on it.

Soldato
Howdyyy long time :D

Anyone tried the new velocity RDA?

Looks really good, really considering ordering one, they are on ebay for 20 pounds from America, (13 quid the dripper 9 quid shipping), The tobecco clone that is.

But the whole design looks quite how I designed my plans for my own custom dripper, but the air flows different :p just worried the airflows not air'y enough, but can easily be fixed, but the deck of it looks perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom