Is this a Motherboard problem or something else?

Associate
I recently did a full system format on my machine, when I've come to install some devices such as the my Sennhesiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset, the Sennheiser icon shows that I'm only at 2 CH, I try to click 5.1, 7.1 etc but nothing happens. I've gone into my audio settings and the only option that is available is Stero.

I've also had trouble with my Keyboard software, my Steelseries Apex Raw software can no longer find my keyboard when attached to the the PC.

All of these were working fine with the Machine before the Format. Can anyone please assistant me on this as I think it down to the actual motherboard not picking these devices up properly. I've installed all the applications and software of the disk supplied with the Motherboard.

Associate
A very good friend of mine likes his keyboards etc and he upgraded to windows 8.1 and he described pretty much the problems he had, in the end he went back to widows 7 and everything works great again.
This may not be the case with you as you haven’t mentioned if you reinstalled or upgraded.
I would not think it’s the motherboard if it worked OK before you formatted the hard drive, is the device manger happy with all the hardware?
On a personal note I have windows 8.1 on a note book and I hate it it’s rubbish.
None of this may help you but if you put up a few more details one of the really clever souls on here I'm sure will help.

Back
Top Bottom