Could you show some support for..........

Soldato
Two of my best mates are raising money for the National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society.
They are CYCLING from Lands end to John O'Groats.
Even if it's maybe not a charity that's important to you I'm sure you can all appreciate the task ahead of them.

If you could donate, even if its the minimum that would be ace and make Lee & Marks dedication and efforts even more beneficial to their chosen charity

Their journey started earlier today, first leg of many!!

https://www.justgiving.com/LeeMarkRyan15

Soldato
OP
Many thanks Acme, something is better than nothing, thank you :)

11313051_459556900878616_360923334227485875_o.jpg
We have arrived at our first destination. Unable to post from here (nicki doing it!) . It is called Altnahara. V windy wet ride today. Well rested and fed. Now for a good nights sleep! Thanks for all the support so far.

Images over 1,280 pixels wide should be placed in spoiler tags as I've done for you.

Cheers

Surveyor

Soldato
OP
Many thanks :cool:
Another forum I frequent organised a load of their members to do it on mopeds, I know a few of them that took part - they said it was HARD! ..... although also they did it March April time so was COOOOOLD :eek:

Permabanned
It's an epic journey, I did it 2 years ago in aid of the lifeboats. 1024 miles (just for geeky pride) 16 days on a Thorn Raven Sport Tour. Loved every second of it! Would i do it again? yes if i had a support vehicle as cycling for 8-10 hours a day on your own gets lonely.

Good luck to them!

Soldato
Donated.

I used to work in rheumatology and the whole thing really needs more funding to start people on Anti-TNFɑ type biological therapies much earlier than the NHS 'checklist' allows, so the disease stands an actual chance of being halted or reversed, as well as preventing their condition deteriorating to the point where they need osteopathy care/surgery as well!

The shocking thing is how early it can impact people and how severe it can be even in someone's teens!

Soldato
OP
How much of the donation is going towards cream for their sore bum cheeks? :D

80% :D

No update yesterday as no internet connection (very remote hotel) we did 80 miles yesterday (day 1) and climbed around 4000ft into the highlands with wind and rain. V hard going but stayed in an awesome place and ate like a horse @ The Drum Hotel

11313025_460141864153453_6367682528946232913_o.jpg

Day 2 - Hard day today - 88 miles of almost constant ascending mountain roads, but here now at the hotel on loch ness, bloody knackered. V.V bloody knackered. Haggis and bed.
@Loch Ness Bistro

Back
Top Bottom