**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
After using it for a few days, everything is fine. But I feel 5.5inch is a little too large for my hands :eek: I think im going to have to sell it. I just can't get past the size of it. Shame as everything is great for such a cheap price! (gonna list it on eBay later probably)

I know I was going to give a review but I'm not great at doing things like that lol.

dun

dun

Soldato
After using it for a few days, everything is fine. But I feel 5.5inch is a little too large for my hands :eek: I think im going to have to sell it. I just can't get past the size of it. Shame as everything is great for such a cheap price! (gonna list it on eBay later probably)

I know I was going to give a review but I'm not great at doing things like that lol.

Shame mate. But everything is working well? loltim seems pretty adamant the gps doesn't work? Hows the battery life?

Soldato
what is the audio/volume level like on the Note K3? I have a mediatek chipset based tablet and the volume on it is dire both via internal speaker and earphones.

Soldato
OP
The Note K3 looks really good. Is there only one version? With the octa-core and 5.5 inch display? Any major downsides to this phone?

Yeah. There's the smaller non-Note K3, and some special version with the funny ceramic speaker blob on the back which'll cost more if its actually been released. But any 'K3 Note' should be the same version.

Downsides... no gorilla glass (definitely spend a few quid on a tempered glass screen protector). I don't like the big lenovo branding on the back, or the fact that the power socket is on the top instead of bottom/side. Other than that I have nothing to complain about yet really. You could probably find something with 3gb ram for not much more money I guess. Camera is a bit slow to focus... if you want a fast and responsive camera I'd probably look elsewhere but that's about bottom of my list of priorities. Front facing camera works fine for skype calls though.

You have to spend a couple of hours rooting and cleaning it up as it comes with a moderate amount of Chinese bloatware.

Battery seems fine... I generally only have 2-3 hours a day of use (and don't game or watch videos often), rest is standby with wifi and data turned on, and I generally have about 40-50% battery left when I go to bed.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
what is the audio/volume level like on the Note K3? I have a mediatek chipset based tablet and the volume on it is dire both via internal speaker and earphones.

Fine, if not amazing. I generally use it with the volume about one below max for calls and that's loud and clear. It's not going to blow your ears off though or win any audiophile awards.

Last edited:
Associate
IUNI U3 is a pretty good phone. 5.5 inch 2k, SD801 etc etc for about £230. Don't own one, though I did actually order it once but it was out of stock.

Their U2 is alright too

Associate
Chinese seem to like their big 5.5"+ phones it seems. The Elephant p6000 5" has me interested. It seems crazy powerful just for a 720p screen? Cheap as chips if it happened to slip through customs as well.

dun

dun

Soldato
Just going off what was said on the first page. I had an Elephone on pre-order but cancelled due to the comments re: poor GPS.

Oh I presumed you had first hand experience how you were going on :p
Definitely tempted for £120. The oneplus on special at £179 is pretty tempting as well though.

nam

nam

Soldato
Received K3Note from gearbest today shipped from Singapore. Seal was already broken on the box and the phone screen had no protective cover :mad: have wrote to them for a refund :mad:

That will teach me for buying a Chinese phone. Just hope i get a refund, although i could chase through Paypal if it get's nasty.. :(

fac19j.jpg

Soldato
OP
Rubbish. The seal was also broken on mine, but I had the protective cover still and was otherwise fine. Hard to tell from your photo but it looks like it's got a screen protector of some sort fitted? Or is that just the flash playing tricks?

Last edited:

nam

nam

Soldato
My bad :) there was a protective cover :)

Rubbish. The seal was also broken on mine, but I had the protective cover still and was otherwise fine. Hard to tell from your photo but it looks like it's got a screen protector of some sort fitted? Or is that just the flash playing tricks?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom