TalkTalk Price Increase - Penalty Free Contract Exit

Associate
OP
I pay for a monthly package "SimplyBroadband with Superpowered Fibre", made up of two broadband charges and one line rental/call charge. The monthly package price is going up so I would presume I would get to terminate, without penalty, the whole "package" - not parts of it.

Changing Our Charges
10.16 We shall be entitled to amend our Charges or change the Tariff Plan you are on from time to time and we will notify you of such changes by making the amended list of Charges available on our Website. If Charges are decreased this will be reflected in your next bill. Should we increase the Charges we shall provide you with thirty (30) days' notice of such increase and the increase will take effect from the end of that period. In this instance you may, in accordance with and subject to the provisions of clause 16.1, be entitled to terminate our Services made available under these Conditions. Any changes that may apply to VAT charges from time to time, which may result in an increase or decrease in your Tariff Plan Charges, will not be regarded as a price increase.

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/legal/terms/talktalk-product-terms.html

I'm also not seeing anyone on the TalkTalk forums mentioning rental charge penalties, you are free to do you own Googling of course.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Just cancelled mine, had only been with them a few months.

They try to get you to stay, but let you go in the end.

Do they offer anything?

I have received the email, but i dont plan to leave as the deal is still good even with the price rises. Added to this my FTTC cab is out of capacity at the moment so i cant put an order into it for a replacement connection anyway :(

Associate
They offered me a bill reduction from £43 pcm (Line Rental, Evening and Weekend Calls & Fibre Large) to £31....cheapest I'd seen with Plusnet for same service was about £36, so I stuck with TT, waiting for the first bill tho as if its higher than I was quoted I'll be kicking off...

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
They just gave me "free" simplybroadband for 12 months and 12 months £10 fibre large

Thats a total of £26 ish for fibre large for 12 months inc line rental, no-one else is going to beat that by much so its not worth leaving for me :)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Absolutely fine, they are a huge ISP with a huge network. Ive never seen my 80/20 suffer from congestion ever :)

Associate
No problems with speeds or customer service? I was going to sign up yesterday with TalkTalk but decided to wait due to issues customers have had with customer service, not that I have ever called my current ISP's customer service.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
The customer service is in line with other large ISP's such as BT - pretty rubbish.

However, 99% of issues you will ever get will be BTO issues anyway, its very rare that its likely to be a TT issue. Therefore you are in the same BTO escalation system as any other BTO residential ISP.

As i say i have never seen congestion on my 80/20 FTTC connection with them. Its a stable 10-11ms (Oxfordshire) and 76/19mbit throughput at all times. :)

Associate
OP
The customer service is in line with other large ISP's such as BT - pretty rubbish.

Actually Plusnet are pretty good(excellent compared to TalkTalk), though they have longish phone waiting times for residential customers at the moment - I just use online chat, which takes minutes, or raise a ticket.

Funny this thread should come back to life, I had confirmed, in writing, and asked four times that I could leave TalkTalk penalty free but today they e-mailed me a contract termination charge of about £300. Have contacted the CEO via e-mail and raised the matter with other staff - waiting for a bill adjustment and an apology.

This is the most incompetent ISP I have ever dealt with. :mad:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Ive not dealt with them much but they have always seemed "ok" to me - on a par with other massive companies anyway.

If you experience a technical fault it'll be the same escalation route as anyone else, i would never pay any more than the minimum to a residential ISP, the support just isnt needed.

Associate
Every ISP has good days and bad days. Every ISP is, on average, terrible. Things are just the facts of life. At least we're not all stuck on Comcast.

Associate
Think i'll take the plunge then with TalkTalk, I haven't changed ISP in 8 years as they have kept on upgrading me for free with adsl speeds.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
The actual service and network are good, just dont expect anything more than utter averageness from the fact that they run faceless massive callcentres :)

Back
Top Bottom