Booting automatically from USB Asus SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1

Associate
Anyone have any suggestions on how to set up the bios to boot from a flash drive, I can set it manually but not as default, in other words booting from CD and the hardrive is no problem, but it seems to forget USB flash devices to boot, so I would imagine I have smoothing set incorrectly.

Soldato
I'll have a look on mine later.(when I find my flash drive) Seem to think it needs to be plugged in when going into the bois so its an available option.

Associate
OP
Hi thanks for the reply. That is how I can only boot from a usb is to set it up in the bios when the pendrive is plugged in, it will boot but if you restart the computer it will ignore it, I feel there must be a way of not going through that every time, I have got the bios scanning all USB ports rather then quick start-up which only checks for mouse and keyboard

Associate
OP
Just an update, I have found that if you have a USB drive plugged in before you restart or start-up it will show in the Easy bios setting and simply putting it to the top re-start it will find it, but if it’s removed or changed to another USB drive, you still need to go into the bios or bring up the boot menu which is very annoying, on the older bios it simply finds the USB drive without any fuss.

Soldato
Only way I found was to set USB drive as the first boot. But like you said if its moved or another plugged in it defaults back. mmm. need to do some more testing.

Associate
OP
Glad it’s not just me, but for years using Asus never had an issue if you put the USB first CD / DVD drive second and then you’re HD if something is missing the bios just goes down the list and boots the next device, I have done a search on this and come up blank.
I'm on bios 2205 the two above is stability and the new bios which recently came out is new CPU update.

Back
Top Bottom