***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
yeah they mentioned that hopefully getting some free juice samples and tings to raffle off which should be good!

its left me wanting new gear though. going to order the billow v2 as i want another tank and cant fault my bilow

That's the issue with all the vape groups/meets, you see some of the gear people are using and it's like drool.. "Here take my money"

I'm done with mods at the moment, DNA chips are disappointing and manufactures only seem to like making DNA chip mods. I'm torn between the flashe German tank; everyone speaks highly of it and the squape r...

Soldato
That's the issue with all the vape groups/meets, you see some of the gear people are using and it's like drool.. "Here take my money"

I'm done with mods at the moment, DNA chips are disappointing and manufactures only seem to like making DNA chip mods. I'm torn between the flashe German tank; everyone speaks highly of it and the squape r...

40w just doesn't cut it for me id want at least 60w so i can drip if i want to. would love a high end tank but I'm not paying £100+ just cant bring myself to do it.

I'm not upto date on tanks whats there that's good? in a reasonable price range up to £50-60 rebuildable

Soldato
40w just doesn't cut it for me id want at least 60w so i can drip if i want to. would love a high end tank but I'm not paying £100+ just cant bring myself to do it.

I'm not upto date on tanks whats there that's good? in a reasonable price range up to £50-60 rebuildable

That's the issue with the market, they seem to be priced accordingly to other items in the market rather than what they are worth. Like in the days of PCs before escom came shock the market, they all where £1000-1400 and with tanks they all seem to be £100 - £140 pounds.

The most popular bottom feed tank at the moment is the squape r (£110), there's always been squape fanboys who wanted shorter tanks and people who wanted squapes but thought they was ugly. The most sort after is the ubertoot (£140). Others in the same market range are the Rose, KF4 and Taifun GT (I'm sure there's others) but even second hand they go for £80+.

I'm going off piste and getting a "flash e vapour v3" (114,90 EUR), which is a German tank but I've seen enough English store owners and mod makers with them to rise my interest, so they must to something special about the tank and if I don't like it; hopefully someone else is curious enough for me to get my cash back on it. :)

The Cthulhu RTA (£25) is getting a lot of interest but that's might be down to fanboys like the lemo.

Me personally; if you want to dip your toes into the high end RTAs, it's got to be the KFL+ (£50)
http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epage.../Shops/yxve46fvrnud/Products/SM-KF-LITE-PLUS2

Tart it up with a Chris Munoz flattop bellcap (£20) with a french tip or hellfire drip tip, and they look sexy as hell.
http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epage...jectPath=/Shops/yxve46fvrnud/Products/BELL-04

or a stream turners kit
http://www.steamtuners.gr/products/atomisers/kayfun-lite/c57-tanks/127-tiny

the Russian 91%, Orchid and Billow can use almost the same parts and are pretty much the same tanks; KF-ish :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Square R for me every time. Great as a first RTA as well as I've never had a dry hit from it since I bought it. You can throw a lump of cotton at a coil and it will wick like a champ

Man of Honour
Think its time for me to switch from stinkies to vaping.

A couple of friends have made the switch recently and after a few pulls on a friends vape (Smok M80 + Sense Herakles) this has persuaded me to switch as well.

As I know I'll want to end up going down the route of building my own coils etc and enjoying his setup with a .6 ohm coil I'm looking the Eleaf iStick 30w and a Kanger Subtank mini.

Anything else worth looking at or does that seem like a decent starter kit?

Associate
Think its time for me to switch from stinkies to vaping.

A couple of friends have made the switch recently and after a few pulls on a friends vape (Smok M80 + Sense Herakles) this has persuaded me to switch as well.

As I know I'll want to end up going down the route of building my own coils etc and enjoying his setup with a .6 ohm coil I'm looking the Eleaf iStick 30w and a Kanger Subtank mini.

Anything else worth looking at or does that seem like a decent starter kit?

Much better than the starter kits of a couple of years ago, that's for sure :D

Using an istick 50w and subtank mini myself, taste and vapour production much better than any of the pre-built 'easy swap' coil type tanks. You do have the option with the subtank of using pre-mades though, if that's your thing.

Man of Honour
I was looking at the Sub tank on the basis that it'll take prebuilt coils but also comes with the RBA head as I like to play and I know it won't take long before I want to start building my own.

In the end I came across a voucher code for Vape Inc.

The closest they had to the Eleaf + Subtank mini combo I was looking at was the Kanger Subox Mini kit so I've got one of those, a Sony VTC4 and a couple of bottles of juice to try

Soldato
Subox mini kit is here, the mod is lovely, it's tiny, somewhere marginally larger then a 30w istick.

New occ coils are lovely too, great flavour, £45 well spent :)

My only gripe so far is the mod doesn't have 3 click change to vv, as I use that on my other mods to jump up large wattage ranges :p

Associate
In regards to tanks & liquid- all I look for is reliability, good taste and a good hit so what would you recommend? Just so I know other options as I have just been getting the same tank, same replacement coils, and liquid from the same place.

Have just picked up a Zephyrus RTA(£25) , have not tried the prebuilt coils yet but looking @ reviews they look more than descent.Wanted it more for the rebuildable deck.
Vaping quite happily on a dual coil( quad twisted 30 gauge , 6 or 7 wraps )on a 2mm drill , reads out at .25 ohms.Deck is small(hence the 2.0 mm coil) but really nice to work on,
2 air holes under each coil(about 2.5mm each)& air flow is really good.
No dry hits even @ 70w , cannot chan vape it that high as the atty does get a bit hot :)
but really nice flavour & clouds with about 1/2 airflow & 50w.Good job i make my own e-juice :)
Should get my Snow Wolf tomorrow or Wednesday so might stick a nickel build in it & try a bit of heat sensing goodness.

Associate
Square R for me every time. Great as a first RTA as well as I've never had a dry hit from it since I bought it. You can throw a lump of cotton at a coil and it will wick like a champ

You really need the new stumpy tank with window its a real beauty with the B deck :)

Cheers all

Underboss
Self mix chaps - I have found a gambit clone mix

13.5 % apple pie
5% pie crust
4% French vanilla deluxe
3% whipped cream
2% caramel

To me this seems like a lot of flavour, I will add it into a 50/50 6mg @ 100ml but it's 30% flavour, I usually only mix 15% flavour at 100ml?

Does that sound right before I order the concentrates?

Man of Honour
Subox Mini and Sony VTC4 have both arrived.

I forgot an 18650 charger though, I assume it'll be fine to USB charge from the Mod?

I've had it plugged in with a 2amp charger for about 30 minutes now and but I get nothing on the display does it just need longer is something DOA?

Associate
Anyone recommend batteries for the aspire k1? It doesn't fit so well on the battery that came with my nautilus mini, goes below the collar & is tricky to remove...

How do I know which are compatible? Is it a thread type?

Soldato
Head over to pheonix eliquid and get 3x10ml of all VG juice for 3 beans.

Add to basket, and put 'ukvtg3' in the coupon field, discount will apply in the checkout.

Have picked up 60ml for 6 quid with free delivery, bargain!

(No pound signs as my parallels isn't mapped properly :p)

Associate

lol Some of the comments are such derp...

Well done to Wales for bringing in this ban. If 'e-cigs' are allowed to continue unchecked, it won't be long before people find ways of inserting real cigarettes into the casings (assuming that's not what they're doing already). Good for Wales I say, and the sooner it becomes law in the whole of the UK, the better.

:confused:

Soldato
lol Some of the comments are such derp...

:confused:

Best one was on sky news: http://news.sky.com/story/1498633/e-cigs-face-ban-for-re-normalising-smoking

Last year, 5,450 people in Wales died last as a result of diseases that happened simply because they became addicted to tobacco.

'Simply because they were addicted to nicotine' - nothing simple about it, and I am pretty sure it's not the nicotine that causes the most damage. It's the tar, carbon monoxide, the thousands of chemicals and the whole combustion thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom