• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Review Thread**

Associate
Sort of in keeping with recent posts - if AMD don't release what I'm looking for with Fury (or I die of old age waiting), which GTX 980 Ti is the better one to get? Excluding reference designs.

The MSI is, according to its product page, clocked higher than the EVGA and Gigabyte ones...is that even accurate? Which of the three had the better GTX 980 cooler? Free UK RMA would be preferrable just in case it is needed. Not tied to those three brands either.

Last edited:
Associate
Are reference coolers the way too go for sli? I'm thinking off buying a card and maybe adding another when I get more cash together and which is the best reference?

You definitely want to go reference cooler if you're going to SLI due to the way the fans circulate heat. As for the best one, most people would recommend EVGA due to their warranty etc. Only real difference between the cards at reference though is just the brand name and their warranty.

Associate
im waiting for the sc acx too , Mayh3m how u know that there in friday mate ? if they do i prob wont get it until mon /tues anyway

EVGA rep said there was a shipment coming in on Friday to OCUK. I ordered on Tuesday so I'm hoping I'll be in on the first batch OCUK sends out.

Associate
The EVGA cards are shipping this Friday, as confirmed by Ben who is an EVGA rep vendor

That would've been good info last week as I would've just kept my order with EVGA and OcUK. I opted for a blood relative eTailer instead, was dispatched at 15:30 today and tracking site shows it being with me at 12:30 tomorrow :D

Edit: Free shipping hype? Wish I'd had this before I bought all my watercooling bits though haha :p

Associate
Are reference coolers the way too go for sli? I'm thinking off buying a card and maybe adding another when I get more cash together and which is the best reference?

Hybrid is the best reference if you can find somewhere to lob a 120mm rad in your case. The low speed blower fan on it pushes warm air outside the case.

Caporegime
AIOs on graphics cards seem all the rage now, aye.

Just something else that came from the mod community that Asus then started to do, now a few more have followed suit. Odd to think that manufacturers never thought of it before modders as it was a pretty obvious use of an aio.

Soldato
Just something else that came from the mod community that Asus then started to do, now a few more have followed suit. Odd to think that manufacturers never thought of it before modders as it was a pretty obvious use of an aio.

I agree completely. At least with a CPU you can have an air cooler that directs the air towards an exhaust to get the heated air straight out of the case. Less so with a GPU unless you go with a (comparatively) noisy reference design. Also with GPUs nowadays using way more juice than CPUs.

Back
Top Bottom