Laptop Advice and Requirements - £700-£800 Budget

Associate
I don't know if this is even possible but basically I need these requirements.

CPU: Something close in performance to the old i5 2500k P67 Desktop chip (I currently use that and it's fine for me). Anthing else is a bonus.
GPU: Anything really, just not integrated.
RAM: 8GB is standard right now I guess, so 8.
Screen: Would really love 1920x1080 but can go lower if needed.

Hard drive: Okay this is the only real big requirement I have. I want like a 80 GB (maybe a tad more) OS drive that is SSD and then a secondary drive that is 1TB normal. Reason I need this is because I'll be capturing content and writing to the same drive as the OS just leads to frame drop city. The 1TB drive will be used strictly for dumping captures and storing actual media files etc.

Misc: Preferably 2 USB 3.0 ports and 1/2 USB 2.0. Needs HDMI output and an eSATA connector would be a big bonus incase I can't get two drives into it.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I don't know if this is even possible but basically I need these requirements.

CPU: Something close in performance to the old i5 2500k P67 Desktop chip (I currently use that and it's fine for me). Anthing else is a bonus.
GPU: Anything really, just not integrated.
RAM: 8GB is standard right now I guess, so 8.
Screen: Would really love 1920x1080 but can go lower if needed.

Hard drive: Okay this is the only real big requirement I have. I want like a 80 GB (maybe a tad more) OS drive that is SSD and then a secondary drive that is 1TB normal. Reason I need this is because I'll be capturing content and writing to the same drive as the OS just leads to frame drop city. The 1TB drive will be used strictly for dumping captures and storing actual media files etc.

Misc: Preferably 2 USB 3.0 ports and 1/2 USB 2.0. Needs HDMI output and an eSATA connector would be a big bonus incase I can't get two drives into it.

Hi GregI,

Have a look at this unit:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT-056-GI

On Budget, and has latest generation GPU, decent level CPU, FHD wide viewing angle screen and has the connection options that you want also.

This unit has 1TB HDD with O/S installed - but you can install SSD yourself and shift O/S onto it if you want to. You also have the option to remove the optical drive and install further SSD or HDD (2.5") in this bay. (caddy supplied with the laptop)

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
OP
Exactly what I was looking for, wow.

Thank you so much.

Edit: What chip does the USB3 use?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Okay after searching I see it uses the Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller.

That's fine and all but can I get clarification that this will supply the full 5Gbps over USB 3? e.g. is it shared bandwidth with Bluetooth?

Associate
Hi, sorry to join this thread but I'm currently looking for a new laptop at the moment and this looks like something that's would suit my needs also ,
How's this for playing games on?

Thanks , ( will this be coming back into stock ? )

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi, sorry to join this thread but I'm currently looking for a new laptop at the moment and this looks like something that's would suit my needs also ,
How's this for playing games on?

Thanks , ( will this be coming back into stock ? )

Hi spinna,

One arrived today and more stock on way, should arrive next week.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
OP
Let me just say I'm EXTREMELY disappointed that you completely ignored my question. Not once, but twice.

I guess I'll be looking elsewhere now since if this is the level of communication from the Rep, the face of the company and HOW the company should be portrayed in their eyes, imagine how absolutely awful and complete GARBAGE the support/other people inside Gigabyte must be. I'm literally like wondering how awful Gigbayte could be.

Please don't now reply and acknowledge this with some excuse as it will just make me even more annoyed. I still have like this SHRED of respect left for Gigabyte, please don't break that.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Let me just say I'm EXTREMELY disappointed that you completely ignored my question. Not once, but twice.

I guess I'll be looking elsewhere now since if this is the level of communication from the Rep, the face of the company and HOW the company should be portrayed in their eyes, imagine how absolutely awful and complete GARBAGE the support/other people inside Gigabyte must be. I'm literally like wondering how awful Gigbayte could be.

Please don't now reply and acknowledge this with some excuse as it will just make me even more annoyed. I still have like this SHRED of respect left for Gigabyte, please don't break that.

Such rage!!

Maybe he's finding out for you and doesn't want to get back to you without an answer. Maybe for a rather specific piece of information, you need to do more than ask on a forum and wait for the answer to come to you. Maybe he just has better things to do.

IMO hats off to atom for replying with something that fits your needs, he certainly didn't have to.

Associate
OP
Such rage!!

How is this rage? I gave what I thought was a very decent post. If it came off as rage then I apologize but that ofcourse was NOT the intention. I just wanted to bring to attention the disappointment I have felt.

Maybe he's finding out for you and doesn't want to get back to you without an answer.

Nope. :) The normal human being response would have been to post and say "Let me go find out" when he replied to spinna and took him 3-4 seconds. If he did not know (which is impossible because he works for them lol) is to say "Sorry I don't know" which is also 3 seconds. That 3 seconds could have netted the company £800, oh well.

IMO hats off to atom for replying with something that fits your needs, he certainly didn't have to.

Umm.... yes he did have to. He is a REP. It is his job to help boost sales/answer customer queries. I know the sales is for well... a sales person but ofcourse he only has this position from you know... sales in the first place? :)

Don't even bother replying. I will not be reading it. Nice trying to defend him though! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom